Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

vendredi 19 juillet 2013

Friday Night Sew In - in the afternoon!

Well, we are out tonight and I had a free afternoon with the added bonus of Test Match Special on the radio! (Sorry you Aussies are not doing so well!)

I decided to spend the afternoon making a present for my birthday stash using this gorgeous Egyptian style fabric that I bought in a sale earlier in the year.

My plan was a pair of placemats but as I was cutting I realised that the fabric was ideal for another friend so I cut enough for another mat.


I kept the design simple as I wanted to show off the gorgeous fabrics.


And at the end of the afternoon I have three mats pieced, layered up for quilting and bindings cut.


A profitable afternoon.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their evening and I look forward to see what everyone has done.

Bye for now.

Lin

13 commentaires:

marina a dit…

beautiful fabrics and they place mats show them off perfectly.
love your previous pics of the caves. they are amazing.

Mary Ann a dit…

Absolutely gorgeous fabric - what is the name/brand, please?

Bev C a dit…

Hello Lin,

I do love the fabric you are working on. Yes, it is a pity about the Aussie's.

Happy days.
Bev.

Maria a dit…

Those fabrics are gorgeous! (I won't mention how we're going at the cricket!) lol

withajoyfulheart a dit…

Very pretty fabric, I'm sure the finished project will look just lovely! How productive.

Emily C a dit…

Very nice. Love that fabric.

Heather a dit…

Love those fabrics and can't wait to see the completed mats. Just as well I was too tired to stay up and watch the cricket.

Fiona a dit…

haha... you did have to rub it in about the cricket??????

Those fabrics are just gorgeous... and you are putting them together beautifully to show them off...

Hugz

Deb R a dit…

A very productive afternoon, lovely fabrics!

Anita a dit…

Yes very sad about our Aussie's in the test, but
maybe next time? Love your fabrics.
Cheers, Anita.

Melanie K a dit…

I must say for all I'm an Aussie citizen when it comes to the cricket I'm definitely a POM (arn't they doing well). A very productive afternoon Lyn - hope you had a lovely evening too.

Anthea a dit…

A great afternoon indeed Lin - and much better result than the Aussies in the cricket!!

Judy a dit…

Wow, what lovely fabrics! I like how you chose a simple design to showcase the wonderful fabrics. Have you decided how you're going to quilt them?
Enjoy yourself,
Judy