Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

lundi 14 juillet 2014

An Exhibition and a Postcard

I finally received the second of my Canada Day swap cards last week. Unfortunately the sender was given the wrong postcode so it has had a journey round the Dordogne!

Here is my lovely card


It was sent by Heather McArthur who sadly does not have a personal blog. It is the first postcard that Heather has made and she has done a super job - I hope you make lots more Heather.
Heather is the editor of Quilters Connection Magazine the only quilters magazine in Canada. Have a look at the website and blog - there are lots of interesting things there.

======================

On Friday afternoon I went to a Patchwork, Embroidery and Lace exhibition about an hour north of here at Nontron.
There were lots of lovely things to look at and to buy although I did resist!
Here are some general views of the exhibition.





Here is a picture of my favourite quilt which was made by the president of the association
 Mme de Rauglaude


I also like the way that she is putting this hexagon quilt together


with each of the rosettes lined and finished off separately.

==================

And finally - at last I have managed to add a signature to the bottom of my blog!! My very grateful thanks to the amazingly patient Erin and her beautify your blog series.

Have a great week.

10 commentaires:

Mary Ann a dit…

Beautiful quilts and it looks like they were in a very interesting building as well:)

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin the Patchwork adn Lace exhibition looks great. Heathers card is fab I wonder if she will have the fabric postcard bug X:)

Bouts Choisis a dit…

What a lovely environment for the exhibition and there were some gorgeous quilts on display. Were any of them stitched on a machine?
I'm glad Erin's info proved useful (it has been a good series) and I'm admiring the new signature!

Heather a dit…

perhaps you have another hooked on making fabric postcards.

looks like a wonderful exhibit you attended.

Sheila a dit…

Wonderful postcard from Heather and thanks for sharing the exhibits , just wonderful :-)

Jenny of Elefantz a dit…

Wow, what an amazing venue for a quilt show! And that postcard is really lovely. Well done To Heather. :-).

Linda a dit…

Great postcard from Heather and what an awesome quilt show that must have been. Love the hexie.

marina a dit…

lovely postcard.
great display, must admit I am very partial to the beautiful hexie flower garden quilt.

Anthea a dit…

What an amazing result from the first postcard attempt! Beautiful!

The exhibit looks great... love the hexy quilt

Paula a dit…

Beautiful postcard from Heather. Before we know it she will have a blog filled with fabric postcards for us to admire, I'm sure.
Very interesting exhibition, I love that hexagon. Thanks for sharing.
Yes... I like your signature, very smart.