Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

mardi 9 décembre 2014

Christmas Postcards

Now that all of my Christmas postcards for Sheila's swap have arrived I can show you the ones that I sent.



I made these by bondawebbing foil sweet papers onto purple velvet ( the cheap stretchy sort) and then on the first one adding a few bits of iron on coloured foil. I covered the cards with a sheer fabric and then did some free motion stitching all over. I enjoyed making these - and especially eating the chocolate to get the foils!
Hope you are having a good week


11 commentaires:

Fiona a dit…

so clever Lin, and what a great result... and chocs too!!! hahah
Hugz

Bev C a dit…

Hello Lin,

So sweet! I noticed how neat your edges to the postcard are.

Have a great day.
Bev.

Heather a dit…

Well done, specially the chocolate eating part.

Paula a dit…

Hi Lin, you have done so many things since my last blog visit. I love your autumn crazy block, it is really stunning, all those little details, B E A U T I F U L.
I love your pincushion it is so sweet, one lucky friend.
So Dear Jane is out and about. Good for her. Looking forward seeing some more of her, I like the fabrics.
The postcards are so sweet.

Jeito Mineiro de Ser a dit…

Ficaram tão lindos, Lin!
Bonitos e "saborosos". você fez misturas de materiais muito interessantes e elas ficaram muito harmoniosas. Parabéns!
Um abraço!
They were so beautiful, Lin!
Beautiful and "tasty". you made interesting materials mixtures and they were very harmonious. Congratulations!
Hugs!
Egléa

Judy a dit…

You're so creative! And chocolate as a bonus too, what a great idea to use the foils that way.

Soma Acharya a dit…

I have never made postcards before. Yours look beautiful! So clever and creative!

-Soma

sunny a dit…

I was the lucky recipient of one of these beauties, and it is gorgeous!! Thank Lin.

Sheila a dit…

Lin your postcards are so creative and I feel privileged to have one . I would love to see exactly how you make this , how about a tutorial ? Thanks for participating and thanks for sending one off to me , I love it . Hugs Sheila

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

Great results with your foil wrappers and free motion sewing! I've got a couple of co-workers saving wrappers for me now and recently received a nice stash of them. Looking fwd to being creative with them in 2015 :)

Jenny of Elefantz a dit…

They are so lovely, Lin... x