Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

vendredi 20 février 2015

A Package to the US

I joined Jenny of Elefantz Stitchery Club last year and each month she sends us some of her lovely embroidery designs. When she suggested a swap using one of her designs I signed up straight away and knew exactly which design I wanted to use as it appealed to me as soon as I saw it. Once I knew who I was sending to I checked out her blog - Sherry from Blessings from our Nest - then started stitching and thinking about what I would like to make for Sherry.
And here are the two items that I made. First a little needlecase.




I do love the little sewing machine and will have to sew one for me now!

We were asked to include a second item so I made one of my favourite Pink Penguin baskets to match the needlecase.



And so along with a postcard of the Dordogne I sent off my package.
This is not a straight swap - I do not know who is sending me my gifts so looking forward to getting back to France to see what has arrived!


7 commentaires:

Judy a dit…

How nice of you to embroider such a lovely needlecase for someone. I like the blue flowered prints that you chose-they are sure to brighten someone's day!

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

The needlecase and basket are so lovely Lin! You did beautiful work on making them both. The recipient will be thrilled.

Paula a dit…

Wow I love that needle case and the basket, so beautiful. Sherry sure is a lucky girl.
Thank you for all the beautiful pictures from Spain.

Katherine a dit…

Beautiful!

marina a dit…

gorgeous gifts sent Lin,
the little sewing maching design is so pretty.
love all the additions to your crazy block too. It looks amazing!!

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin OMG I love both the little bag and that needle case is the cutest.I'm in sewing envy as all's I seem to do at the minute is photo shop and research for a blog/essay that will eventually lead to an academic poster. I constantly have to remind myself I am doing a Textile degree????? X :)

Bouts Choisis a dit…

What a deightful little sewing machine embroidery. Beautiful.