.....was last night, it being the first Friday of the month. Many thanks to Cheryll for organising us.
I spent my time - afternoon and evening sorting out my next CQJP block and the beads, threads, ribbons etc that I am going to use with it.
Here is my basic block.
These are some of the threads and embellishments that I have sorted out.
Of course I did not have enough of the right colour silk ribbon so I have had to order some! Luckily Hearty Craft are very quick to send out orders so the ribbon will be here in a few days.
I also thought that I would dye some ribbon myself to add to my range and added some lace as well and some pieces of silk and velvet to add to my stash.
Here are the ribbons and laces that I dyed - I did a bag of marine violet at the same time in anticipation of Aprils block.
I added a dash of emerald to my turquoise dye and on the laces it has given me the colour I wanted but the ribbons have come out far too green. Well they will find a use I know but I don't think that they will be right for this project.
And so by the end of the evening I had started stitching and here is my progress so far - just one seam treatment and a piece of braid pinned in place.
Today, Saturday, has been another warm sunny day spent in the garden. Late this afternoon we had several skeins of cranes fly over - always a welcome sight as it means that spring is on it's way.
Hope you all had a great evenings sewing - those of you who were not eating pizza in Brisbane!
Until next time.