Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 18 April 2015

FNSI





FNSI was last night and once again thank you to Wendy for hosting. To see what everyone got up to go here.

I had a few hours in the afternoon and made a start on my CQJP block for April. This month I am going violet!


I love having this blank canvas of different textures to play around with. Here is how it looked after a couple of hours embroidery.


And so that was my evening over.

I also have this block to show you.


My April pink BOM which is called Antique Tile - I sewed this together while we were away over Easter.

We have had a lovely warm sunny week here - it is amazing what difference a couple of weeks away makes to how the garden looks. Everything is very green now, the tulips are nearly over and all the iris are flowering. The weeds and the grass have all grown too, so lots of gardening going on here.
Hope you are all having a great weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Another beautiful block Lin... you're so clever... your gardens sound so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like crazy patchwork, you can really use your imagination on it :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.Love both blocks.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks, love crazy patchwork !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet you're turning Violet!
    gorgeous canvas for your April crazy patch. I love seeing all the detail appear.
    pretty pink block too.
    happy gardening!
    we have had a grey rainy week here, no doubt more to come..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your crazy patchwork and your April block is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your crazy blocks evolve, this one is going to be a stunner :)

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Violet - that is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your crazy patchwork block, very pretty :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your crazy patchwork block is lovely - it's going to be beautiful once finished! Also your Antique Tile is very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really awesome to see the process for the crazy quilt blocks. They look so complex when they are done that it is difficult to mentally de-construct them. It will be another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a great idea to use many different fabrics with different textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.