Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

mardi 28 avril 2015

It's EPP Tuesday!

And I am piecing myself together along with Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches





Why not pop along and see what everyone else got up to.

This is my scrap box


It's a plastic shoe box full of smaller pieces of fabric - off cuts and leftovers. And it's about time some of it got shifted. So I have decided to work through the fabrics making the nicer ones into hexagons and being ruthless and throwing anything I am not so keen on!

So this afternoon I spent an hour making a start and ended up with this little pile of hexagons


with the byproduct of some smaller pieces for my 1/2" hexagon collection.

Don't know what I shall make with them yet but I doubt if it will be anything as big as this!


This was my very first quilt and it took me two years - a year to piece and a year to quilt! I had no idea that quilting was done by a running stitch so it is all stab stitched! I soon learned though.

Enjoy your EPPing.

15 commentaires:

Chookyblue...... a dit…

goodluck sugin your scraps up.......may daughter just made a big quilt from the scrap box and I can't see a dent in the supply..........love your hexie quilt.......

Rosa a dit…

Wow,Just awesome and have fun playing with your scraps!

Hilachas a dit…

Wow! That's a beautiful quilt you made. Thanks for sharing..

elliek a dit…

Love the quilt.

kiwikid a dit…

Love your hexie quilt...great idea to use scraps up.

Maria a dit…

Your hexie quilt is magnificent! You've done well cutting your scraps into hexagons...all ready for a new project perhaps?

Anthea a dit…

Wow Lin, that is one massive hexy quilt you've already made! Good heavens what a task it was!
Good on you, using those scraps to make some EPP... thanks for linking up
x

ukcitycrafter a dit…

What a good idea to prep hexies ready for when inspiration 'gets'you! your first quilt is amazing, although I'm surprised all that quilting didn't put you off for life!

Sheila a dit…

Great idea to prep for more hexies . Your quilt is stunning , that was a lot of work !

shez a dit…

wow Lin i love that quilt,well done xx

Judy a dit…

Wow. That was your first quilt, ever?? I'm so impressed! You've had a love of handwork for a long time, haven't you? That's really neat. Good luck sorting your scraps, that feels really good to keep what you know you'll use and toss the rest.

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

Wowie - that is quite the fabulous quilt Lin!

Pamela a dit…

Wonderful quilt! I am hand quilting my hexie quilt and it'll be two years come summer.

marina a dit…

wow what a first quilt!!
it's stunning.

Susan a dit…

I love your quilt Lin - it's a beautiful piece of artwork. Well done, a lot of loving work has gone into it :D)