Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 4 July 2015

July Friday Night with Friends

Cheryll very kindly invited us for FNwFs, even though she is away! Thank you very much Cheryll, I hope you are having a great time.


Do go and visit Cheryll to see what everyone else was getting up to.

Our heatwave continues and so it was pleasant to spend the afternoon indoors getting on with my CQJP block for June. I am pleased with the way this is turning out. It's based on my jungly spring garden so lots of green with bright, strongly coloured flowers.


The fabrics bottom left and bottom right are both much more green than they appear here.
So, on Friday I was working on the flowers bottom left and the red geranium type flowers draped over the block.
=======================

Today in the post I received this gorgeous ATC from Faye.


The theme of this swap was song titles and I think it's pretty obvious what this one is! And look at all the beautiful, tiny stitching! Don't forget this is an ATC not a postcard so only 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"!

You can see the ATC I sent out here.

So that's all for today - must get on with some sewing as we await a possible storm - just some rain would be nice to fill our butts!

Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. I love your crazy block. So pretty. Do you want some of our rain. We've had two days and nights of storms and things are looking a bit bedraggled here in Wales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty block and I love the ATC. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block! Your embroidered flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous block and card.

    Today was a hot day,37ÂșC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful greens in your latest crazy block.
    very cute babushka card. lots of detail..
    hope you get a reprieve from the heat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful stitching on the crazy patch block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bright block full of beautiful flowers :)
    Love the ATC, you must be getting quite a collection now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic block, beautiful color and the ATC postcard is lovely and so tiny.
    I'm melting down here in Luxembourg, what a heat!! I need my Ice(land) now.
    Have a great week Lin and keep posting I love your blog. I'm a bit lazy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching there Lin, such detail... love those greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY green block :-) Glad you enjoyed FNwF!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your crazy quilting... I'm amazed at the detail in the ATC card... (what does that stand for?) I saw yours before but didn't realise it was so tiny... amazing work...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is just beautiful!! Love the postcard you received too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lin your embriodery is gorgeous... you are so artistic. Your crazy block is beautiful... love the colours and of course the perfect stitching. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do such beautiful stitching...you block is lovely!!! That ATC is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's amazing the amount of detail in that tiny ATC card! Lovely embroidery, as usual, and so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.