Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

jeudi 3 septembre 2015

Throwback Thursday!

Throwback Thursday is a new linky organised by  'J' of A Quarter Inch from the Edge.



 We are asked to show something from the past that we have not blogged about before. So here is my first something from the past!

A few weeks ago a friend here in France posted on facebook this picture.


Which rang a bell with me.This is known as the 'Battersea Shield' and is a Celtic bronze shield covering from around the 1st-2nd century BC which was found in the River Thames in 1857. You can click on the link to find out more about it.

In 1988 I used the design on the shield as the basis for a cot quilt design for my niece Kate and this is it.


Apologies for the poor picture - it is a scan of a photograph but I think you can see the design. All hand quilted. Sorry I can't tell you the dimensions but it is a cot quilt.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else links up with.

12 commentaires:

desertskyquilts a dit…

Wow, what a gorgeous quilt. You've been making beautiful quilting designs for a long time. ;)

Pamela a dit…

What a beautiful quilt!

the zen quilter a dit…

Wow, this is amazing and beautiful, and ahead of it's time, since it was made in the 80's. I didn't know anyone was doing this kind of quilting that long ago. Lucky, lucky niece!

Jayne a dit…

Amazing! The quilting is spectacular!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge a dit…

Wow! Whole cloth quilts amaze me... I've never had the guts to take one on. Such amazing quilting! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday!

Tish Stemple a dit…

What a beautiful whole cloth. I'm sure that it took some time to finish. Thanks for sharing your inspiration for the quilt.

marina a dit…

so beautiful Lin, I have always admired whole cloth quilts. They are so wonderful.

Paula a dit…

This is really something - WOW Lin it is stunning, you have been quilting for a long time - 1988 a whole cloth quilt. Thank you for sharing.

Radka a dit…

Beautifully quilted, such a treasure!
xx

JanineMarie a dit…

What a beautiful whole cloth quilt! Your design and quilting are so well done. Isn't it fun to look back?

Baa. xxx a dit…

Wow, that looks amazing! Such a beautiful quilt and such wonderful hand stitching.

Sheila a dit…

Wow , that is incredible , a lot of hand quilting and so beautifully done !