Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

lundi 16 mai 2016

Flags and a Trumpet Fanfare please!

Yes, it is finally finished - My Baby Dear Jane is all done!!!!


Started in 2002, she has spent a lot of time in the cupboard with brief flourishes of activity. But at the beginning of this year I decided it was time to get some UFO's out of the way and Jane was second on my list. You can read about how I decided to cut down the size here and here.
Having added the border it was time to layer her up for quilting and I chose a plain navy backing fabric adding in a few triangles that were left over from the border.


First of all I ditch quilted around all the sashing but then felt that it needed something more so I added diagonal stitching in both directions across each block. Finally more ditch quilting around the border triangles and it was time for the binding. I used some of the leftover red fabrics to make a scrappy binding as I felt it needed a bright edge rather than more navy.
And so there she was! Last night I added my signature to the back.


Today is bright but cloudy, perfect for a photo shoot so a couple more pictures to show you.



Now for my next UFO - definitely my four seasons crazy blocks so watch this space for my progress.

Have a great week.

19 commentaires:

Anthea a dit…

Happy Dancin' Right Here!
Congratulations Lin, your baby looks just wonderful... well done on getting her finished so beautifully after her being a UFO & WIP for so long.
Big Happy Hugs to you xx

Sarah Jane a dit…

That looks great, Lin. Isn't it so satisfying to finish something! I am struggling with the hem of a swing dress right now and it is proving very difficult to get it level. Hope I can get this comment posted . . .

Scrap and quilts a dit…

Congratulations Lin! Excellent job. I love how the lighter section split the quilt, like a river runs through it. After such a long time in the cupboard, you must be so happy to finally enjoy this little beauty. Very well done. ;^)

Chris of UK City Crafter a dit…

Way to go Lin! Well done on not only finishing your Baby Jane but also crossing a UFO off the list.
It looks beautiful, I hope you're planning on putting it on display.

Caroline Heinrichs a dit…

Bravo Lin! Beautiful original expression on this baby Jane quilt.

Caroline Heinrichs a dit…

Bravo Lin! Beautiful original expression on this baby Jane quilt.

Judy a dit…

Congratulations Lin!! That's a lovely finish and I bet you are just so happy to finish it and have it turn out so well.

Rosa a dit…

Congratulations Lin.It`s absolutely beautiful-Love evething about your quilt.Geat job!!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD a dit…

It's beautiful Lin, I love your colour gradation, the angled corners and the surprise triangles on the back. The scrappy binding is perfect too and YAY for a finished UFO - def deserves flags and trumpets all round!!! :D - Chris

Bev C a dit…

Hello Lin,

I have the brass band out playing for you, congratulations on a beautiful quilt, getting something like that done is wonderful. Onto the next one now, enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin well done on finishing your baby dear Jane quilt it is fab fab fab X :)

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

Congratulations on a truly magnificent and beautiful looking quilt. What a labour of love it must have been.

Paula a dit…

Doing the HAPPY DANCE right now. CONGRATULATIONS, on your Baby, it looks so gorgeous. It's nice to be able to x out UFO, (I know the feeling:-) Love the scrappy binding.

I'm looking forward watching your crazy blocks come together.

Sheila a dit…

Congratulations on your fantastic finish , your quilt is beautiful!

Radka a dit…

Congratulations, Lin, it is BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about it, the design, your choice of fabrics.. even the little detail on the back :-)
xx

Fiona a dit…

Lin I just love your baby Jane and so clever with the movement of colour.... beautiful work
Hugz

cq4fun a dit…

How exciting! It looks so beautiful spread out on the grass. Congratulations on your finish! Love the backing, too.

Jeito Mineiro Bordados a dit…

It's beautiful, Gorgeous!
I think it's amazing how small pieces become a work of art. More amazing still are the people who can make big pieces. Congratulations!
Hugs!
Egléa

Raewyn a dit…

Gorgeous finish!! Well done and congratulations on the finish!! Clever playing with the colour.