Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

samedi 20 août 2016

Friday Night Sew In

Many thanks Wendy for hosting us all again - I hope you will pop over to Wendy's blog here to see what every one else was working on. I have already seen a few posts with some great work to look at.

I have been playing around with an altered book as my summer sketchbook and yesterday afternoon I decided to work with some water colour pencils. We have a massive crop of sloes this year and they are just ready to pick. I love the colour of the fruit (love sloe gin too!) so I thought I would have a go at painting some. This was the result.


My evening was spent cutting out and basting some more yellow hexies for my blue flower cloth.





While I was doing that we were watching a recording from Glastonbury earlier this summer - Philip Glass's Heroes Symphony, the tribute to David Bowie which was brilliant and the light show was amazing.

Hope everyone else had a great night.


11 commentaires:

Sharon - creativity and family a dit…

I love the painting Lin. You've reminding me of some old books in the craft room waiting to be altered! Xx

Sharon - creativity and family a dit…

I love the painting Lin. You've reminding me of some old books in the craft room waiting to be altered! Xx

Scrap and quilts a dit…

Don't know what sloe fruit is but I'm willing to try sloe gin lol. Beautiful painting, Lin. Very realistic. Love it. ;^)

Pamela a dit…

Lovely yellow hexies!

Anthea a dit…

Oh you've sparked my curiosity now Lin, regarding the sloes & gin; I must do some research on that!
Beautiful painting & you know I love those hexy's
x

Baa. xxx a dit…

Love your painting!

marina a dit…

Lovely painting and some pretty hexies waiting to be joined.

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin, Love the sketch of the Sloe berries, I have never heard of them before. X:)

Sheryl S. a dit…

great sketch of the Sloe fruit and the hexies are growing.

Rachel a dit…

The sketch is charming - and sketching is such a wonderful break from everything else, isn't it!

Sheila a dit…

Lovely sketch and your hexies will be lovely and bright .