Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Wednesday 19 April 2017

CTTY and a Scheepjes update

April is here, well nearly over actually! and it is time to link up with Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches for Christmas Through the Year. I do hope you will join in and share any gifts that you are making as we all need some inspiration and it is good to see what others are doing. Anthea is showing a very pretty bookmark that she has made.

Sadly Anthea, despite my best intentions and scheduling it in to my stitching journal, I have very little to share. But I will share what I have.

This little stitchery is a Gail Pan design from her book Patchwork Loves Embroidery and is destined to decorate a little Dorothy bag - hopefully you will see the finished bag next month!


I am using a pretty Cottage Garden thread for the embroidery.

                                                        --------+---------

A quick update on my Scheepjes CAL. I have completed week 4 and have been working on the crochet for the centre panel of the shawl. I am now ready to start decorating again.


We came home from our week away to find our Wisteria flowering and looking it's best ever!


However, there has been no rain and we have none forecast for the time being so the garden is very dry. Fortunately a friend took pity on my pots and popped in a couple times to give them a drink. But we are enjoying the beautiful sunny days which are giving us a chance to tidy up the garden.

This coming Friday is FNSI hosted by Wendy - if you fancy joining us for a virtual sew-in then pop over to Wendy's blog here to sign up and join in the fun. I hope to see you there.




11 comments:

  1. That wisteria is just gorgeous - what a wonderful welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree with Rachel, your wisteria looks beautiful. As does your shawl and stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have been up to. Your Wisteria is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the wisteria looks amazing Lin, it's certainly in a great spot to show off its beauty... thank you for sharing your Gail Pan stitchery progress, it's very pretty thread you're using
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wisteria is amazing, I have never actually seen one but it must be such a sight to see and smell 😊 you4 stitching is lovely as always 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lin, your cottage garden threadwork is so very sweet and delicate.
    You're going beautifully with your shawl. Both projects are gorgeous works of art... I admire them very much.
    Your wisteria makes a beautiful photo.
    Cheers and all good wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a sweet little design - love your stitching, and coveting your wisteria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful CAL - I look forward to seeing more! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute stitchery.........wow your wisteria is stunning.......I can't go near it flowering.........but I always love seeing it.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up - your shawl is looking wonderful! It makes me want to start on mine :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wisteria looks gorgeous - I miss my beautiful purple one at our previous house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.