Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 July 2017

Friday Night Sew In - and I nearly missed out!


After spending a little while yesterday afternoon finishing off the embellishing of this piece


I spent some time in the garden. When I came back indoors I thought I would catch up with a few blogs while I had some coffee and that is when I realised that it was the third Friday - FNSI! And to think I had nearly missed out. So I raced over to Wendy's place here to see if I was in time to sign up - which I was. I see now that I was not the only one late on parade as two people signed up after me. Anyway, you can use that link to go and catch up with what everyone was working on last night. Many thanks Wendy for hosting us again.

So it was lovely to spend the evening with friends working on my next crazy project and this is how far I got.


I sewed the lace down first of all and then realised that it made quite a strong diagonal line so decided to add the curved line using chain feather stitch to soften it up a bit and lead the eye round the block. There was just time to add the spiders web and that was my evening over.

So that was my FNSI - hope everyone had a good one and I shall be catching up with a few blogs soon. Have a great weekend.

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, Lin! What beautiful stitching.
    I did miss out ..... I'm always stitching on a Friday evening, but Friday creeps up before I know it's here, so unfortunately I haven't linked up!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lin fab work as ever. Loving the shady green crazy patchwork will these be finished purses?. When I get five minutes Id like to have ago you make it look so enticing. Get me using big words haha you know I adore your embriodery skills X:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the curve helps to keep the eye within the block..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on your crazy patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good you got in from the garden in time to sign up! Your crazy works are beautiful... I've never really done this but I can see it must be so much fun deciding what to do where - and what with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green lace is strong but I like it - makes a nice statement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I screamed in at the last minute too lol! Beautiful crazy stitching Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic
    Lin. I'm not one to do crazy patchwork ( but that's not to say I won't in the future!) but I truly admire others work and yours is just beautiful already! Thanks for joining me for FNSI Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful. I have a couple friends that are in a Crazy Quilt Club. Such details you ladies produce. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pieces! At the Saskatchewan workshops I took one called "embellished purse" which was similar to this type of work. I haven't finished it yet. I feel like I need lessons in how to decide what to add where. I suppose that the more one does, the better one gets at making those decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin your pieces look fantastic,love the colours,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden time sounds relaxing! Have you had more rain lately? It's always so inspiring to see your crazy pieces. Did you dye your green lace? I love the rich, soft green of it.

    Happy stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both Crazy Patch blocks are beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of beautiful stitching as always, Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work here, lovely colours and precious threads and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this.
    Thanks for your many tutorials!

    ąø„ąø²ąø„ีąøąø²

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.