Friday, 7 August 2026

Festival of Quilts part one

 I took such a lot of photographs on Saturday that I am splitting this into two posts. These pictures are of quilts that caught my eye as I walked round the competition aisles but not the winners - I will put those in my next post plus some of the other exhibits that interested me.

Loved this one by Irina








The construction of this one was strange - looks woven but according to the notes the tiny pieces are ironed onto a backing!









Some miniatures


and a close up of top right











Loved this one for its gorgeous embroidered flowers





Just look at all those bullions!





Blogger decided to have a blip so some of my pics are not where they should be but hopefully you will find something in the above to enjoy - well that is if you have made it so far.
May need to do three posts but we shall see how we go next time. Back tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures! The embroidered quilt is lovely. I'm always amazed at picture quilts, how they look so real! Looking forward to tomorrow, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fascinating Lin & so much work & detail in them.
    A girl whose YouTube channel I follow made a Royal themed quilt, I think it was called Queen Elizabeth II & it was very much a collaged style quilt. I loved watching her videos of it coming together. Anyway she posted it over (it took ages & barely made the posting deadline & cost a small fortune in postage) & it has been hung up on display in the festival. It has been wonderful to follow her journey on the quilt.
    Thanks for sharing your pics & look forward to Part 2. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing to see such beautiful work in such a variety of styles.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit jealous I have to admit.... I have loved seeing pictures online of this event. Love those embroidered flowers and even more now seeing that was hand quilted! I have decided if we manage a trip over again I want it when this is on so I can go.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some very amazing work there - the embroidery is beautiful and I am not surprised it caught your eye...love some of the modern ones.
    Thanks for Sharing Lin - quilts in other countries are often so different to what we see here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So creative! Thank you for bringing this show to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. I do miss visiting the Festival. I've seen the polar bear and magnifying glass in person, it is amazing. I'll look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing quilts, thank you so much for sharing these pictures,look forward to your next blogpost.
    xxTilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked all the pictures. Looks like a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been watching quite a few "you tube" videos about the Festival of Quilts. They are very different to the quilts in our exhibitions here in Australia. Such talented creators.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. There are definitely some beautiful quilts on display.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many modern looking ones but they are all interesting. Moving onto the next post...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, they are epic! I love the magnifying glass with its shadow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.