Saturday, 19 September 2026

Grey days whizzing by

 Yes, another month is passing by at the speed of light it seems. It has been a grey week with the odd drizzle of rain, sunshine back next week evidently.

We have had a delightful little wren singing away in the garden - far too small and quick to catch a photo of but beautiful to hear. So lovely to see everywhere green again, it is amazing how quickly the grass comes back to life after some rain.

This weeks Stitch Journal - note the bullion knots far right


and my Chookshed Challenge note more bullion knots far left!



I think my fear of bullion knots may be a thing of the past! I just need to trim this and glue the edge in place and it is a finish. Very happy with this and I am glad it is on a black baground as I love it.

I have also been knitting and pulled the crochet jumper out again as cooler weather is coming. Not a huge amount more to do on this.


I will look out a white background for my next picture - that red does it no favours.

I have started an online drawing course with Cas Holmes - find it here under clubs - with monthly zoom sessions. She is a lovely teacher and I got a lot out of the first session, so when not sewing this week I have been busy in my sketchbook which has made a nice change.

I also spent an afternoon at my quilt group and worked on some Field Journal embroidery - such an easy project to pick up and take along but as I rarely go it could be a while before you see any results!

And there we are, that was my week - hope yours was a good one.

14 comments:

  1. The crochet jumper is fabulous! It will be wonderful to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Challenge project is BEAUTIFUL! Since you're working on the jumper, does that mean you got those socks finished? Great job on your bouillon knots! Sounded like a well-rounded week. Enjoy the promised sunshine next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Chookshed project turned out beautiful. Those colours on the black really pop. Red and purple are not great friends, but we can see the pretty blocks in your sweater. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your embroidery is alway so lovely to see. Great going on your crochet jumper. Won't be long and hopefully you'll be modelling it for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embroidery. It looks very much like fall flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embroidery, enjoy your drawing course xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful embroidery you did this month.
    Pretty finish for the Chookshed Challenge.
    Lovely crocheted top you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lin - finally blogger is updating my Reading List again & I can get your posts. It has not updated for over a week & it seemed to be doing this with a lot of bloggers.
    That stitchery in the hoop just pops on the black background - it looks so wonderful Lin. Your stitchery work is just exquisite always.
    I often say to people here, when we get a drought in the summer months & the lawns go brown ... not to waste water on them as they bounce back so quickly. I always think - save the water for the gardens. I am pleased to read yours has bounced back Lin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thing about bullion knots is that when they are the right stitch, nothing else will do, and any previous aversion disappears when you see them doing what you need them to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHH! Lucky you taking a drawing class. I wish I had that ability-not to take a class but to be able to draw. Your embroidery is lovely. The Chookshed Challenge is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh show off with the bullion knots! I struggle with them. I agree Field Journal is lovely for pick up and go... I love the little framed piece you have done, the dark linen is very effective
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always a pleasure to visit your blog and see your gorgeous sticheries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Lovely photos and lovely socks on the go - thanks for recommending my pattern to Jenny at Elefantz! I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on your posts, your photos are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your completed stitchery is so striking. It really works well on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.