Saturday, 18 July 2026

A Quiet Week

 It remains hot and dry here and I have lost count of how many days we have officially been having a heatwave. Not up in the mid 30's thank goodness but hovering around 30 which is hot for us. Lots of crispy brown grass around and the threat of wildfires. There have been a few.

I have been spending some time working in my sketch book this week - there is a Chookshed Challenge not far away that will need a few small designs and I have been working on those.

My Stitch Journal for this week looks like this.


Susan very kindly offered to send me a hexie flower for my quilt and it arrived this week.


Plus a few lovely blues to add into my pathways. I have started to add the flower in but have not made much progress as once again it has been too hot to have it on my lap.


I have made progress with my granny squares though and now have 30 - almost halfway to the 64 that I need.

So that's about it from me this week, hopefully more to share next week.

Happy Stitching.

14 comments:

  1. The hexagons are looking good. I'm glad your Granny Squares are progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hexies & stitch journal progress Lin. I'm still reading of your heatwave - gosh its been quite relentless for you & hard on the garden at what would normally be a pretty time of year. Stay cool inside stitching maybe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea to stitch embroideries over an already embroidered linen pretty is inspired, Lin. The stitch journal is looking gorgeous. Hot and dry there.....cold and wet here. =) Enjoy your stitching and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see what you have been up to. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flowers: the one in your header (gorgeous) and the ones in your Stitch Journal (too cute!). Stay cool. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and yellow hexagons, but I understand completely about having it on your lap when it’s hot. It is very hot here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your white satin stitch flower in your journal.
    The hexie flowers are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hexies and your stitching journal of this week looks great.
    Today we have here 18degr. love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a brief heatwave in June, but otherwise lots of rain alternating with sunshine; in fact, it rained continuously from last night right through to this afternoon with 18 grad middag... I hope you’re getting the rain you need, too.
    Your patchwork quilt is turning out beautifully; I’ve never sewn "Hexenblumen" (hexagons) before... I think they’re sewn together by hand... I really ought to give it a try sometime. I cut some fabric for a new project today... wishing you a happy Sunday, dear Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dense stitches in your journal, Lin. Those hexies are so pretty. I look forward to seeing this quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Pretty hot here as well but, with the AC on, not too hot to stitch. Stay cool!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our son has been happy with the weather as he is going to finish his harvest nice and early - which means he gets to enjoy some of the summer holidays with his girls. We noticed the brown grass watching the golf. I love blue and yellow together - your hexie quilt will look great
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. we are having wintry weather and I don't even want to think about the heat we are expecting this summer. your hexie garden is growing beautifully. Are you running out of flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's managing to be cooler here while still being muggy. I'm finding that a bit confusing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.