Yes, we have rain forecast for overnight tonight, but I am not holding my breath, we have been fooled before with false promises! All I can say is that we have had another week of heatwave although fortunately far more bearable temperatures.
I spotted these from my backdoor at 7am earlier this week. Obviously taking advantage of the fact that the wind had dropped considerably.
My Stitch Journal has progressed - the end of the month is in sight!
The hexagon patchwork has grown this week - mainly thanks to an afternoon with my patchwork group.
I need to get a move on this week as there will be a new Chookshed Challenge next weekend.
I have also made more granny squares but I won't bore you with more pictures of them and been playing in my sketchbook.
So, that has been my week - I am off to play with my hexies, see you next week.
No, no, pictures are never boring, lol. I love your Stitch Journal. The upper left corner with the blue (purple?) and yellow tiny flowers is my favourite but I've said that before, lol. Hope the rain comes and stops the heatwave. ;^)
ReplyDeleteThe balloons look so great Lin - we often see some from where we live also & I love them. Wonderful stitch journal & hexies. I do hope you get some rain, I wish I could send you some as we are inundated with it!! xx
ReplyDeleteI love your hexagon project - both the colors and the hexagons themselves. Our rainy season has ended and now it’s just hot!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the balloons. Love your stitching, good to see the hexies growing.
ReplyDeleteLovely progress on your stitchery and hexie flowers.
ReplyDeleteI hope you got your rain. Balloons are fun to watch. I haven't seen any near us in the long time.
ReplyDeleteNice to see the Hot Air balloons from your place.
ReplyDeleteLovely stitches in your journal and good progress with your hexies.
Did you get the promised rain? As always your stitching looks so beautiful. It's lovely to see it and who can resist blue and yellow together in any shape or form?
ReplyDeleteYou had another fun and creative week, Lin. I love the blues and yellows in the hexies.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your hexies! I am trying to gather my scattered wits...!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed you actually get that rain soon, we've all been burned by those false forecasts! Love seeing how much the hexagon patchwork and your Stitch Journal are coming along. Have a great time playing with your hexies!
ReplyDeletePerfect weather for ballooning... but I don't see any rain clouds! Hope you get some soon.
ReplyDeleteHugz
I’ve just caught up on your last 3 posts. Europe really has copped the weather this summer. I do hope you received some of that promised rain to cool things g dr yen a bit. The balloons must have been a lovely sight to see in the morning light. You’ve made good progress in the hexies, despite the heat and, as always, I love seeing your journal progress.
ReplyDeletewe can send you some of our rain if you like? That blue sky doesn't say rain?
ReplyDeletelove how your hexie garden is growing!
Did the promised rain arrive? Always lovely seeing your stitch journal.
ReplyDeleteLin, I hope and pray that rain arrived for you! And also cooler heatwave conditions. xx
ReplyDelete