First up my Chookshed Challenge for August is to fill these little frames.
We bought them many years ago from a Brocante in France and they have patiently been waiting for a use. The oval 'holes' are aprox. 3" x 2.5" so not big. I am planning to embroider a different flower from our garden in each but have only got as far as cutting one piece of fabric from this old pillowcase and ironing it onto freezer paper before I paint a background. Hopefully more this week. Keep in mind that fancy edge on the pillowcase for later.
Here is my Stitch Journal for the first week of August.
Moving on to FOQ and here are some pictures of the Quilt Creations section of the competition quilts. As last year some really stunning and inventive work.
I was, I think, very restrained with my purchasing! These gorgeous Japanese fabrics had to come home with me.
And then because I needed!! something to read in the coach on the way home I HAD to buy a book so it was this one which has been on my wish list since it was published.
I am about haflway through and love it.
I'm pretty sure those Japanese fabrics would have come home with me, too.. They are gorgeous. Thanks for taking me along to the show.
ReplyDeleteThis weeks stitch journal is beautiful! The Japanese fabrics are beautiful, you don't have to make anything with them. Just admiring them would bring joy to anyone. Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Japanese fabrics, , sounds like a fun day!
ReplyDeleteThe little frames are so cute. You have a great idea to fill them up. It'll be fun to see this project *grow*. Thanks for sharing all those amazing photos from the show. My jaw dropped to the floor at the first picture. WOW is not big enough for this one! ;^)
ReplyDeleteSo much packed into this post! The Harmony in Fragments jacket is fabulous. Japanese fabrics are so pretty. The threads and felt look like they must be as nice to touch as to look at! What a wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing more from the Festival. Lovely to see your stitching.
ReplyDeleteLucky fabrics etc to come home with you. I am sure they will end up being made into something stunning.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful creations, the jackets are faboulus. Love your Japanese fabric.
ReplyDeleteTillyxx
what lovely goodies and pics from the FOQ
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see your beautiful embroidery for those sweet frames.
The Festival of Quilts looks like n amazing exhibition. I love that spool for you to do next years stitching. I hope one day I could come across one for me to do. I love seeing your stitching.
ReplyDeleteIm sure you will do something marvellous with those frames. I’m looking forward to watching them evolve. Aren’t there some clever and creative people. Such a variety of entries.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see those clothing items... so clever. Great purchases too, I must admit I do find the Japanese style fabrics so lovely.... looking forward to seeing what you put in the frames.
ReplyDeleteHugz
I love the 3D door in the first one. Those garments are too pretty to wear. A decade of stitching 15 minutes per day was interesting. You could certainly enter your beautiful stitch journals.
ReplyDeleteIts all so beautiful Lin - I especially love the snippet rolls & wish they had opened them out a bit more so we could see the stitching. Love your new purchases & that book looks wonderful. xx
ReplyDeleteI love those shoes! And the jacket...!
ReplyDelete