Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 26 May 2018

Chain Stitch

If you have been following my blog for any length of time then you will have seen several projects that I have worked using this piece of plastic.


It is one of a set of double sided rubbing blocks and my favourite by far. This was my first project using the block.



And I turned it into this little Bushkiri bag.


You can see it here with some more little bags I made using some of the other rubbing blocks.


And there is another one


There is a white version


I have used it as the wallpaper at the back of my blog.

And you can read about how I made this pink version here


So once again I am making a tissue case for my gift box and I never tire of this design. However this time I thought I would challenge myself into using as many different chain stitches as I can. Here is my square of fabric just as I was starting - I used a gold Markal paint stick to transfer the design.


So far I have used nine different chain stitches and am aiming to pack in quite a few more.


The greens in the fabric and the threads are not showing up as well as I would like in this picture - it's actually looking a lot brighter and I am very pleased with the look so far.

Hoping that this post reaches everyone - I understand that there are lots of problems with blogger at the moment.
Hope you are having a great weekend.

19 comments:

  1. Who knew there were so many chain stitches......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching like that... I never even thought there was more than just plain chain stitch!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen one of those blocks and have no idea how you use it. Your work is beautiful. Are there variations of chain stitch? I didn't know that blogger has problems but it could explain why my post today has not yet been acknowledged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many chain stitch variations you won't run out, never fear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I posted a reply to your comment on my blog, but in case you don't follow it:

    Well spotted, Lin; I have now posted a cropped version of the quilt, it shows it little better - not a great picture :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know there were 9 different chain stitch variations - let alone more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all very pretty! The cahin stitch is good in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chain stitch embroideries are beautiful! What a clever stitcher you are. I love that you transformed your pretty blocks into sweet little bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not aware of these blocks but what you have created with them is so beautiful. I also was unaware there were so many variations of a chain stitch. Lovely work Lin .

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, I do remember your rubbing blocks. I still think they are so very cool. Love how you are using them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was fun reading about your rubbing block Lin. You're making such good use of it, understandably so as it's a delightful design.
    I've often admired the wallpaper on your blog and it's. Lovely to see where it's from. Your purses are gorgeous as is your stitching. It's a beautiful art 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very clever! I love how colourful and varied the pieces are x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh! I do remember your rubbing block, but I hadn’t realised that was where your wallpaper came from! I’d always admired your wallpaper ..... it looks so professional! Who would have thought you could make so many different things from that one block!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful bits of art. All the little bags are so different and all pretty. I am especially taken with the mottled purple background. I really like how you try out different media and make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these little bags and cases, especially the white one. clever work Lin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely, unique bags!! I like how you explore an idea, trying different versions of it, and just having fun with it. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A late comment, but I absolutely love these, Lin! 22 chain stitches - its nice to work within boundaries some times and that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.