A few weeks ago now I started a new EPP project. I am joining in with lots of other EPPers around the world making quilts based on this 1797 quilt which is in the V&A collection.
I started the quilt in November so have added this to the centre of my quilt and plan to add odd dates along the way to mark my progress.
This is where I am up to so far
so my task for Friday was to baste hexagons for the next couple of rounds and here is my evenings work.
However, fairly early on I decided that I was not keen on the sudden transition from green to yellow - as shown here.
So I hunted through my fabrics for a mottled green and yellow to put inbetween.
Which I much prefer - sorry about some of my photos, we have sunshine and showers here today so it is either too bright or too dark to get a good picture!
However, there was not enough fabric to do a round on the quilt so I got another dye batch underway
and while I was at it a batch of ultramarine and marine violet for another project.
They were left to brew overnight.
It's not a drying day today so I ironed them dry as I am keen to get cutting and basting.
Terrible picture of the green/yellow but it has turned out as I wanted as has the larger piece of marine violet/ ultramarine which will be perfect for the project I have in mind.
So all in all a very profitable evening - many thanks Cheryll for getting us all together again and all through the year.