Earlier in the week I finished hemming down the binding on my Super Scrappy Quilt and added a signature.
I am really pleased with how this has turned out.
And it is now in its new home - hiding an old chest!
In between other things I have been working on my Red Manor House flower blocks. I now have five of the eight complete.
I very much enjoyed browsing through the book I showed you last week.
The photography is lovely - they used an old railway depot for the photo shoot so lots of rust, machinery and old buildings. Brilliant.
Anyway I have decided on my new project and I am going to use the design from the front cover.
As I only need a lap sized quilt to use as a tablecloth I am just going to make four baskets and then add the applique border all the way around.
As I want to make this a truly scrappy quilt I shall hand piece the flowers. Which of course, just to make life complicated, meant me drawing up the pattern to get the right size for the diamonds as in the book they are cut from three strips machined together. However, I think I have it cracked and have diamonds ready for a trial run. Fingers crossed.
It's been a lovely week here and we have been busy in the garden but today it is grey and wet so I have been catching up around the house. Time now to sit down with some sewing. Have a good weekend.