I decided that the time had come to replace it as it was getting just too frayed in places!
Lots of rubbed spots on some of the patches and the binding had worn away around the edges too.
Wanting to use some of my Scraptherapy squares I found just what I was looking for on the cover of the book.
The cushion cover uses 18 dark and 18 light 3.5" squares used to make 36 x 3" HST blocks. 2" squares are pressed diagonally in half and added when the squares are machined together.
The 2" squares make little pockets which I like but felt could easily catch on something or might not wash well so I decided to catch them down with the quilting.
So simple diagonal ditch quilting using 'invisible' thread which went across the middle of the triangle pockets where it met them. Itgave just enough puff to the cover to give it an interesting texture.
Very pleased with my new cushion cover.
Not sure why that block in the middle looks puckered - it certainly isn't in real life!
I am slowly preparing the applique flowers and leaves for my tablecloth
Long way to go yet though!
Have a great week.