Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Wednesday 20 July 2016

A Crazy Finish

The Four Seasons crazy blocks that I made in 2014 are now altogether in a finished quilt! And here it is.

The blocks were 9" square and the finished quilt is 27" square.


The sashing is hand dyed velvet and I have linked the four blocks by adding stitch over the sashing which varies according to which season it is nearest. A few close ups (of course!)




The backing fabric is a beautiful Liberty lawn donated by a friend (thank you) and which turned out to be perfect to bring to the front to make the binding.


My thanks to Carli for setting me off the on the Four Seasons trail and to Jennifer Clouston whose book Foolproof Crazy Quilting inspired much of the stitchery in my blocks. Also to all my readers who have made such lovely comments about my work along the way.

A picture of three 2016 finishes altogether.



18 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Lin! An outstanding finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful:) I love the idea of the seam treatments joining the fours CQ's. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt, love the stitching and the colours you have used, perfect. makes me want to get crazy quilting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in awe. STUUUNNING!! Perfectly stunning. I hope you will put in a quilt show somewhere. People all over the world need to see this work. So many little stitches, so many hours!! GOOORRRGEOUS!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very successful - well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Lin , Amazing job !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It`s absolutely gorgeous.Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could spend hours looking at the detail in those blocks
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, I'm going to need to see that in person and close-up - I'll email you my address. LOL - just kidding - Lin, it is so gorgeous, I'm totally amazed at your embroidery skills! The only word that suits is "exquisite"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Lin. I love all the sumptuous details in each block xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love, love, love this beautiful stitching work! The colours all work together so very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful Lin - such gorgeous stitch work. Love the way you have joined the blocks with stitching over the seams - works so well. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lin. All three quilts are just gorgeous. Doesn't feel great when you complete a project and it's so perfect!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my goodness, Lin, it's absolutely stunning! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG what a beauty your Crazy Quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, exquisite, I don't know what to say. Your embroidery is stunning. I love love your quilt.
    It is nice to see all your 2016 finishes altogether, all so lovely. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a lovely little quilt, I love the colours and the beautiful stitching.
    Well done, Lin :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad to see the finished piece. I thought from the last photos that it would be very beautiful, and it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.