Last month I was working on some secret stitching and promised to show you this month what I was working on. It was these.
Yes, another little log cabin pin cushion - this time with no gusset. It is about 3" across.
The little pouch bag I made using this pattern from s.o.t.a.k handmade - a good basic pattern in four sizes. I made the smallest.
Whilst in UK last weekend I collected a large package of wool from The Wool Warehouse in order to make this blanket.
Good job it is squashy so that I was able to get it in my suitcase! I love the colours. I made a start on some of the blocks while I was away.
What I realsied was that I needed a small container in which to keep my crochet hooks, stitch markers, scissors and needle while I was working on the blocks - and so to my project for FNSI!
I used the same s.o.t.a.k pattern but adapted it to make a squatter pouch to keep all my little tools in.
Another little project for Friday was to make this card using 1/2" hexies for a poorly friend.
Now, while talking about the s.o.t.a.k pattern I also want to show you this wristlet bag that I made for my Mum adapting the same pattern.
I used some Liberty furnishing fabric samples and added a pocket to the inside, leaving out the boxed corners on the base.
It's a useful, adaptable, beginner friendly pattern that I am sure I am going to use a lot.
Well I think that is enough for one day - hope everyone had a great Friday.
I am also linking up with BagIt 2017 run by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.
Saturday, 21 October 2017
Saturday, 7 October 2017
Many thanks to Cheryll for inviting us round again for Friday Night with Friends - you can see what everyone was working on here.
I am also linking up with Angela for ScrapHappySaturday as my first job yesterday was to finish hemming down the binding on my first completed Rainbow Scrap Challenge project! I have completed six blocks using six of Angela's suggested colours and have put them together to make this table runner.
I have to say that I am very pleased with the way it has turned out.
So then my next job was to make a start on my next RSC project. The colour for October is pink and I am going to make tumbling blocks using 1" diamonds. I managed to cut a few out ready to baste.
Not a hugely productive FNWF but then it was a beautiful afternoon and we were busy in the garden.
Many thanks to Angela and Cheryll.