Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday, 24 September 2022

FNSI September

 A busy day of shopping, fence painting and an early dinner out didn't leave much time to sew! However, having pinned down the final border of hexies for Wings I allowed myself a little treat - sewing down those hexies is not very exciting!

And I worked on this little butterfly for one corner of the border.

Many thanks Wendy for hosting - I have seen a few nice things that were worked on yesterday, you can go here to see for yourself!

Have a great week - we are off on our travels so I shall not be around, but will be back in time for Friday Night with Friends!

Monday, 19 September 2022

It's a Wrap!

 My little Churn Dash wall hanging is complete.

I have been wanting to make something churndashy for some time so thank you Chooky for spurring me on. I am very happy with how this has turned out especially those little rose buds.

All fabrics - apart from two hexies

Now I need to crack on with my second Churn Dash project and I need to add another Churn Dash around the outside.

Something for October I think.

Saturday, 3 September 2022

Friday Night WithFriends September

 Many thanks to Cheryll for another great Friday night - I have already seen lots of lovely things that have been worked on. Pop over to Cherylls place here to see who else took part. 

As it is the beginning of the month I was working on my RSC project. I am now working on my rainbow Dresdens for the corners of my quilt - one a month until December. I managed to get the first one made and in place yesterday.

Good use of my FNWFs I felt. Happy stitching. xx

Sunday, 28 August 2022

Churndashalong update

 Here we are, nearly at the end of another month, so it's time for a Churn Dash SAL update. And I am pleased to say that the top of my little mini quilt is complete.

I have appliqued some little rosebuds along the top border and am very pleased with how they are looking. I hadn't tried these before but they are very simple and very effective - the tricky bit was pressing the vine and leaves without squashing the buds!

Septembers task will be to get this quilted and to press on with my other churn dash project, the small tablecloth.

Thanks Chooky for organising the stitchalong, just the motivation I needed.

Sunday, 21 August 2022

FNSI - late on parade!

 Ooops, should have posted about FNSI yesterday but somehow ran out of time!

Many thanks to Wendy for organizing our evening and you can pop over to Wendy's blog here to see who else took part.

I had the afternoon to myself so decided to crack on with my Churndashalong wall hanging. I added the borders (by hand, couldn't be bothered to get the machine out) and then the row of hexies which I put together the other evening.

Very happy with how this is looking. I am imagining some applique along the top border. Looking forward to working on that next week.

After supper I cracked on with this sock and managed to finish the heel turn and gusset which need a bit of concentration. A bit of straight, mindless TV knitting to do now until I reach the toe.

This Zandra Rhodes design West Yorkshire Spinners yarn is lovely to knit with although I would have preferred less even stripes of colour.

Well that was my Friday - I think I have caught up with most peoples blogs but will just go and see now who I have missed!

Have a great week.

Saturday, 13 August 2022

RSC 22 August update

 And it is a ta-dah! moment as I have now completed all the dancing mini Dresdens/Hexadens around the border of my flimsy.

The final two Dresdens were added this week - the two brown ones up from bottom right.

Now for the next four months of the year I shall be working on some 5" rainbow Dresdens to go in each corner - one for each month which is very convenient and also means I shall have a completed flimsy by the end of the year ready to start again next year! Yes, I have plans.......

Anyway, papers and template on order from Sew & Quilt so I shall be all ready to start on September 1st.

I am linking up with Angela  for Scrap Happy Saturday

Have a great weekend

Saturday, 6 August 2022

Friday Night with Friends - August!

 That first Friday of the month has arrived very quickly again. Lovely to be sewing with friends and thank you Cheryll for getting us together. You can see what everyone was up to here 

First up I finished these two little Churn Dash blocks.

Then I thought I would crack on and add them to the first two and you can just see the result here - unpressed and in use as a table for basting my RSC Dresdens.

This months RSC colour is orange but I don't need orange, I need brown, hence little brown petals being basted. A good afternoon and evening's work I felt.

Today we have been to the Taunton Flower Show and spent a few enjoyable hours wandering round the many stalls and tents. Lots of beautiful flowers and veg in the competition marquee and a small craft section. I am not going to bombard you with pictures as I only took 2, but I thought this needle book was gorgeous!

The embroidery on it was stunning. Unfortunately I didn't get a close up.

These two stumpwork items also caught my eye - lots of lovely work had gone into these.

Right, I am off to cook some dinner and then I shall be cracking on with those Dresdens. Have a good week.