Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Sunday 25 September 2016

A Nice Surprise!



My copy of STITCH arrived this week and it was a nice surprise to find a picture of my work inside the back cover in the readers Gallery section. I had completely forgotten that I had sent in a picture!


I have not had much time to sew this week but did spend an hour finishing off this piece of work.


I lined it and then turned it into this little sewing bag.




Somewhere to keep my Slow Stitching kit.

We have had visitors this week and so have been out and about. First to Brantome.



To St Emilion


and home via St Aulaye to see their Felibree decorations.



We enjoyed a visit to Chateau de Puygilhem which had a brilliant exhibition about the curiosities wealthy people collected on their travels in the 16th and 17th centuries and how they displayed them.



It was a busy week as our visitors also helped us to move this delivery of wood which is now ready for us to use over the winter.


So when it does turn cold we should be nice and cosy.

17 comments:

  1. What lovely areas to visit! Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us. Congrats on your work being published!! I think they should do a feature piece on your stitching and creativity. I love your slow stitching piece and I just finished reading the book, which is quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been seeing some lovely places - and how wonderful to see your project in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting! Wow, you live in a beautiful area! Castles? Wow xO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you live in a spectacular place and congratulations for being publised,it´s great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the publication! Great idea for a sewing kit. It turned out beautiful. How nice to see the sights with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your piccie x Love your sweet bag and I loved seeing your out and about photos....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being in print - how lovely! So cute - a new sewing bag! Beautiful photo's of your area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and interesting post, Lin.
    Nice to see yourself "in print" :-)
    Love the sweet sewing bag, I am sure it will be well used,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful to be featured in the mag Lin... great work on the pouch... very pretty places you've been to with your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely surprise to find your photo in the magazine. Your sewing bag is so pretty. Your trip out looks so nice, especially the decorations. I'm enjoying seeing everyone prepare for winter and their fires. Sadly we have never had a chimney in our houses, so it's outdoor fires for

    ReplyDelete
  11. That should have said for us, but my phone is playing up. Hope you have a lovely week Lin. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun to see you project in print and I love your little piece you did.... so much detail. I do love seeing where you live and out and about... so many beautiful spots
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lin,

    Congratulations on your work being published. I do love what you made up your block into, very tactile piece of work. I did enjoy the photo's of your country, thanks so much for sharing.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Lin, The block is absolutely gorgeous. The sewing bag is so adorable. It is always a joy to visit your blog

    Yes and CONGRATULATIONS I saw you are a winner at Pincushion Parade. I'm doing the happy dance for you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, lovely eclectic post - loved seeing the sights I will probably not ever see any other way. The pile of wood looks comforting! Congratulations on your picture being published. I love your little bag for sewing items. Quite a clever idea the way you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, your work is so beautiful it deserves to be in a magazine! Loved seeing the photos of your area , so pretty .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.