I really enjoyed working on this block and hope that they do too. I found the design on the internet and have adapted it to my needs - sadly I can not find now where I got it from so apologies to it's designer as I am unable to credit you!
The cushion on my favourite garden chair was looking distinctly grubby at the beginning of the season and as it is not washable the next best thing was to cover it with some fresh, clean fabric. I remembered some ticking samples that I have been hoarding knowing that 'one day they will come in handy'! So out they came and I used the largest pieces to cover my cushion.
This was a quick and simple project so I was enthused to use some of the remaining fabric to cover a couple of our other garden cushions. Five cushions later and I was very happy with my work and the bright new look my garden chairs were getting.
At this point I was left with one un-covered cushion and a pile of ticking offcuts. Well I like a challenge and so I was determined to get that other cushion covered to match. First of all I cut as many 5" squares as I could from my offcuts then I started piecing together the oddments and cutting more 5" squares. I must say that the last four squares were a pretty close thing but all I had to add to make the cover complete was this narrow strip of thick cotton shirting.
Voila! - lots of nice new cushions. Perfect for sitting and enjoying our current hot weather. Well, actually, it's too hot to sit outside most of the time!
So perfect weather for sewing indoors! Have a great weekend.