Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 28 March 2017

EPP Tuesday Catch Up

Linking up again with Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches for EPP Tuesday - thank you Anthea for organising the link.

About 18 months ago I wrote this post for EPP Tuesday about some UFO EPP that I had in a folder. I had no idea why I had started it or what it was for but decided to finish it. So I ended up with this piece of EPP. It is just under 12" in diameter.

So then it went into the cupboard and got forgotten about again until recently when I decided that I needed a case for my embroidery hoops. While trying to decide how to make the case I remembered my piece of EPP and it seemed like a good oportunity to make use of it. Fortunately I have plenty more of the  golden orange fabric and used that to make my case with the EPP appliqued on.

So here is the finished case - it's basically just a 'cushion cover' with a zip across the back.

My centre points were not quite as acurate as they could have been so I added a little button covered in the same gold/orange fabric and am pleased that I did as it makes a nice feature


I have to say that I had no idea that I had so many embroidery hoops!


Here they all are safely tucked away in their new case.


Until next time.


14 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I love your Lucy Boston block. Too cute to stay hidden somewhere and you found a very useful job for it. The tiny button makes a big difference.I love your new embroidery hoops cover. Congratulations on this gorgeous finish. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of your UFO - it looks gorgeous! Not only a fabulous finish but it is very handy too, you'll never lose a hoop now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think embroidery hoops breed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,great idea.The bag is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great finish! And a great idea. It gives me the idea to try to put all my hoops in one place and make a holder for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Lin - both the case to keep the hoops, and to use the EPP piece to embellish it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great hoop bag - so happy and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a neat idea Lin. Very beautiful EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! The hoops seem to escape to all unlikely places normally,
    it is hard to keep a check :-)
    Pretty header,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great use for a long forgotten block..... I'm impressed with your hoop collection - can cope with any size work!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. An excellent use of a otherwise hidden block. I love the orange and your button finishes it off nicely. That block would make a gorgeous quilt - hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea - and wow, what a lot of hoops! Lovely finish x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice. This post also shows the difference that quilting makes. The EPP piece is nice on it's own, but after it is quilted it really shows off the design so much better. A wonderful way to rescue a UFO.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and put to such a good use!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.