Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 27 June 2017

EPP Tuesday and some crazyness

Thank you Anthea for hosting our link up again. Not a lot of EPP going on here. This is as far as I have got with my border for the Hexathon quilt.

There will be lots of units like this that will make up the border on two sides of the quilt. I am awaiting more supplies of the grey fabric from my favourite supplier Strawberry Fayre

You can see more EPP linkups on Anthea's blog here.

Meanwhile there has been some secret stitching going on - it involves red thread and a fat jolly person. I am saying no more!

Also I have been working on my small crazy project which you last saw looking like this.


Well, then it looked like this.


And now it looks like this!




A few details.




I am glad that I went with a stitched frame rather than glue. It took time and patience but I am really pleased with the finish. I have also learnt about placement of stitches having made up the bag - for instance that Fargo Rose is in a totally inappropriate place and the beading round the lace is lost as that is the base of the bag. But I treated it as a learning experience knowing that this one would be for me and am very happy with the result.


There is a storm a rumblin round as I write and some very welcome steady, heavy rain. Good to know that my water butts will be filling nicely.

I am also linking up with Heather's Needlework Tuesday - here

Enjoy your week.


23 comments:

  1. Wow Lin, your purse looks amazing... incredible work , my friend, well done, you're so clever!
    Thanks for linking up with PYT, Hexathon is coming along slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so gorgeous!! I am in love with the little purse. AWESOME work! No, really, AWESOME work! Maybe if you had made the bag deeper, the fabulous rose at the bottom would had been more at front. I guess it's too late now. Still, it is nothing short of pure elegance. Congratulations!! Hope you received the grey fabric soon. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely little purse, encrusted with stunning stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely bag. You have inspired me again. I couldn't resist buying a little purse frame, but I haven't managed to work up the courage to do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your purse it looks wonderful. !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your purse is just fantastic and hope your fabric has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little frame purse! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Lin love your EPP stitching and wow your purse is stunning its so beautiful,well done Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your purse, the color, the stitching, the beads, it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crazy purse is gorgeous. There are a lot of pieces in that hexie border so it will take some time.Looking good though

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, lovely things to look at today with the start of the border - like it and the very pretty purse - how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lin,
    Love your little purse,it's beautiful. Taking a guess at your mystery, could it be something for Christmas....Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous purse Lin - I love all the embellishment you have done on it - wow! The borders around your Hexathon blocks are really going to make it into something special. Hmmm a bit of secret sewing going on over here too....!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so clever with your crazy patchwork - beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lin,
    I always so enjoy seeing your crazy projects, seeing your lovely stitching and the creative things that you're working on! The middle of that hexie is so complicated-are you making more than one of those?

    Happy stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. I love the use of the beads, they really add to the effect.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow lovely!! One of my classes at the conference was a bag. I am still working on the embellishments of it, but I'll show it soon. You have been very creative with this. The stitching onto the frame looks lovely. I am sure much better than glue would have looked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little purse is delightful. It looks like you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an intricate and beautiful purse, Lin. It's amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness that is just stunning. You are quite the embroidery artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your purse is delightful, Lin! I love those colours too! Gorgeous stitching!
    Some time ago I bought a magazine because it had a free purse frame (something I'd never wanted to make before as I usually like pouches with zips), I was quite disappointed though ..... it needs glue to hold the purse in ..... not sure I'll ever use it now!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a very lovely purse, love the colours and the beautiful stitched details and the beaded back. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful crazy patchwork purse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.