Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 9 December 2017

Friday Night with Friends

It was great to join in with everyone last night for our monthly sew in. Many thanks to Cheryll for inviting us, last night and all through the year. You can see what everyone got up to here.
There was no time to sew during the day yesterday so I chose a small project for my evening by the fire.
Earlier in the week I made this little ornament as a sample to show my quilty friends who came for the afternoon.
They are 1 1/2" diamonds. It is double sided and I left the papers in to give it extra stability. I sent a picture to a friend and she sent back a picture of a hexagon wreath that she had seen on the internet (thank you Sue). So I thought that would be a nice project for my evening and here it is.
I used 1" hexagons and again it is double sided and I left the papers in. I think this would be better slightly smaller made with 3/4" hexies but I am very pleased with it as it is.
I shall be taking them with me to decorate the little cottage that we are renting for our Christmas trip.
Not sure when you will hear from me again as we have a busy week ahead but I shall check in again before Christmas.

24 comments:

  1. Cute ornaments that will be very pretty in your holiday cottage.
    Have a wonderful Christmas......

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty...... Have a wonderful Christmas if you don't return before then.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments.Wishing you a great Christmas and a lot of fun in your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornaments. They are gorgeous. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin love both your decorations they look lovely hanging,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are they! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice Lin. Perfect to take with you to decorate a sweet cottage and bring the spirit of Christmas with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are very sweet and clever little ornaments.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great ornaments! Very nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute little ornaments, enjoy your trip and have a very Merry Christmas ❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ornaments look gorgeous, Lin, how lovely to hang them in your holiday cottage!
    Have a Happy Christmas!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ornaments Lin...they will festive up your cottage for sure. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Lin. Have a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look lovely! And Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little ornaments and a great idea to take them with you.
    Have a great Christmas!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The two ornaments are lovely - what a great idea they are :-) Some time away at Christmas sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty ornaments, the fabrics are perfect together. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Christmas ornaments made all the more special by being your own creation.
    Have a really lovely holiday in your cottage Lin :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are very festive ornaments!! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas trip.
    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful idea, they are both very cute. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Lin those little decorations are very cute! I hope you have a lovely break over Xmas and look forward to seeeing you ( virtually) in the new year xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely makes.
    Hope you've had a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.