Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 28 March 2015

Postcards for spring and Easter

I have already shown you this lovely postcard


that I received from Jeanneke  in  Sheila's Spring/Easter postcard swap.

Here is the card that I sent to Jeanneke



one of a series of 4, this one is called Forsythia.

The other cards are


Crocus


Tulips


and Japonica

These were fun to stitch on a piece of hand dyed cotton (darker than the photograph shows it) with some of my own dyed threads.
All but one has now arrived at it's destination.

Also this week I have completed my second BOM in my pink series.



and I have an almost finished turquoise crazy block which should be finished any day!

Damp and dreary here today but at least the daffodils and blossom outside my window cheer things up. Have a good weekend.


9 comments:

  1. Your postcards are simply beautiful Lin , thanks for taking part in the swap . Love your block too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcarda are awesome,Hard to choose the best fav,.Great job!,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards! I wanted to make crocuses on the one I made but couldn't think of a way to make it look good. Love your method with the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your postcards.. always such great ideas and so pretty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're amazing postcards Lin, like little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great postcards, I particularly like the tulips one.
    Can't wait to see the turquoise crazy block!

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sure look amazing your postcards, like MINI-ART. Your BOM is very pretty, pink - I love pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your postcards are so gorgeous, Lin. And I love the fabrics you used in the block. I was interested to read that you have been hand dyeing your threads...what beautiful colourations you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lin,

    Magnificent little works of art. Hope the Daffodils are blooming well, they are such little bundles of joy in the garden.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.