Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

dimanche 4 juin 2017

Partying with Chookyblue in the Chookshed!

A wet Saturday meant that I had more time than usual to enjoy myself! And a nicely watered garden into the bargain although France is still on alert for a drought and hot summer. To catch up on all the fun in the Chookshed go here.

Here is what I was doing yesterday afternoon - my RSC blocks for June. Yellow. Yellow!!!! I went to what I though was my yellow/orange fabric box and what did I find - orange! Went through my scrap box too and all I could come up with that was a true yellow was this.


So in the end I went with some dull mustards which I think will work well with the other blocks that I have made.

My other mission was to make my swap hexie flowers for the month and these also got finished so I am well ahead on all my projects for the month.


I have also been working on my hexathon quilt and my CTTY project so have had a very profitable weekend. Hope yours was too.

13 commentaires:

Pamela a dit…

Nice work! I especially like the hexies.

I am a dit…

Hi Lin,your blocks look great and love those hexies,well done xx

FlashinScissors a dit…

You have been busy! Love the friendship stars!
Great progress with the hexies too!
Barbara x

Chantal L. a dit…

Lovely work Lin. You're keeping yourself as busy as a bee. ;^)

Rachel a dit…

Not having to water the garden does leave more time for stitching!

Michelle Ridgway a dit…

I too struggled with Yellow. Your blocks look great....sweet hexies too x

Helen a dit…

Beautiful work and projects especially your hexies.

Baa. xxx a dit…

I've never really used a mustard colour - but yours looks so nice especially with the orange included. Nice!

Chookyblue...... a dit…

so pleased you got to join the party........lovely quilts in the previous post.....it is fun seeing what everyone does for the RSC......

Allie-oops Designs a dit…

I LOVE mustard - that's a great block! Your hexie flowers are just gorgeous.

Heather a dit…

I like the mustard for yellow blocks.

Judy a dit…

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a rainy day! I love the mustard colors against the white, it's a favorite color of mine. Great hexies!!

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin my you have been busy. Loving the poppy's at the top of you landing page very pink and pretty. X:)