Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 22 August 2017

EPP Tuesday again!

And I see that it is now two weeks since my last post - how did that happen?
Anyway, I am here again now and after a couple of weeks of dodgy weather we are back into a canicule (heatwave). Temperatures are set to be 30+ all this week!


So back to business as I have a few things to show you.

First of all thank you to Anthea for hosting our link up - you can go to Anthea's blog here to see what everyone is working on.

First up is my DMTV Stitchalong bookwrap which has now reached this stage.


I have added lots of green seeding to the green areas.


The last stage before I make it up is to add some beads.

I have finished making all the blocks for the border of my Hexathon quilt.


I now need to lay everything out and work out their positions.

In the post today I received some lovely swap hexies.


These are from Wendy of Sugarlane Designs - even her card matches in well with the hexies! Thank you Wendy.

So that is all I have for EPP Tuesday, now on to other things.

I have started crocheting squares. Wot me, crocheting Granny squares! Whatever next! Well, I had a lovely bag of wool and cotton left over from my Hygge shawl and I was wondering what to do with them when along came Sharm from Country Fragrance with a CAL for a Flower Garden blanket and I couldn't resist having a go. At the moment I am just aiming to make the flower blocks as I don't know how far my supplies will go. Here are my first blocks.


They grey border is my wool yarn, the colours are all cottons. It does not show up too well in my photo but the centre petals are raised. It's a nice simple pattern.

Finally, in case you have not heard, the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade is returning next month.


For more information see here.

So that is all my news for now. We have a small person here with her parents taking up a lot of my time at the moment so I am mostly catching up with small hand stitching projects. Plus we have a plumbing crisis today! - it never rains but it pours. Hope you are having a great week.

16 comments:

  1. I like the look of your Granny squares - they're going to make a charming blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lin, your crocheted flower blocks are looking lovely! The colours have worked very well together. Some of your photos aren't showing up on my computer, so Im pleased the granny squared did! Love the hexies from Wendy - who runs that swap? I need more crafting time I think lol Enjoy your hot weather - we are still getting frosts here and the fire will be going for another few weeks at this stage at the least lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, hope your plumbing crisis turns out to be not too severe! nothing worse! I never noticed the card matches your colours......how funny! I love all your projects and how they're coming along....you are very busy my friend, and yes, 2 weeks can fly by in a blink! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely projects.. the hexagons cover is looking lovely... hope the plumbing is all back to order...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin,awesome projects and love your crochet flower blocks,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lin,
    I hope that it has cooled off for you! I'm sorry about your plumbing issues, there's never a good time to have to deal with that. I love your stitching, the seed stitch is a great idea and it adds a neat texture to your piece. I've always wanted to learn how to crochet granny squares, so it's inspiring to see yours.
    Have fun,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lin I am in awe of your hexi border wow! Good luck with the granny squares looking forward to seeing the finished piece. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hexi border. Beautiful crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your DMTV thingy is looking awesome, the seed stitching is incredible. Such texture!! All your projects are so lovely! Sorry to hear you're having plumbing problems with company there, yikes, NOT something you want to happen, lol....hope you stay cool with that heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve your hexie project especially with the gold and the seeded quilting. Looks so vibrant. Your crochet looks wonderful. I must admit that I am rather "hooked" on it myself. Those CALs really get us in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin,
    Beautiful Hexies. Love the Bookwrap, beautiful. I've joined the CAL Flower Blanket. As I'm a slow crocheter, who knows when it will be done. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your book wrap looks very pretty and I love the gorgeous crochet squares with the raised centre petals and your hexie quilt border, a lot of lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your crochet grannies, my friend. And the bookwrap is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't you been busy! Enjoy your visitors! Of course the plumbing will misbehave when there's company!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your book wrap with it's stitching details.
    I always enjoy my visits here and am inspired by what you have stitching.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the technique of your DMTV Stitchalong bookwrap - very nice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.