Many thanks to Cheryll for inviting us round again even though she could not be there herself. I am sure everyone enjoyed her hospitality - click here to see what everyone was working on.
I have been following the DMTV Summer Stitchalong for the last few weeks making a book cover. The first couple of weeks involved choosing a book - I am making a cover for my sewing journal - a colour scheme and then some fabrics. We were encouraged to choose a photograph and then pick five colours from that photograph to work with. Here is my selection.
Next we had to pick a shape - triangles, squares, hexagons for instance and make a shape to add to the background of our book cover. Here is mine before I sewed them together and stitched them down. Of course I chose hexies!
So that was the stage I was at by yesterday afternoon. The next stage was to add some single shapes which I did adding in some half inch hexies too.
The final stage was to add some printed hexagons and I did this with a piece of compressed sponge which I cut to a 3/4" hexagon and used with some gold acrylic paint.
As you can see it is now layered up and ready for the next stage which is stitch/quilting. And there I left it.
My next project for the evening was to layer up a couple of mug rugs which I have been working on and add some quilting.
So these are now ready to be trimmed and have their edges turned over - a little job for this evening I think.
All together a very satisfying FNwF - I hope everyone else enjoyed it too.