Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 21 October 2017

FNSI and a Bag Story

Many thanks to Wendy for hosting our get together again this month - I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else got up to here.

Last month I was working on some secret stitching and promised to show you this month what I was working on. It was these.


Yes, another little log cabin pin cushion - this time with no gusset. It is about 3" across.


The little pouch bag I made using this pattern from s.o.t.a.k handmade - a good basic pattern in four sizes. I made the smallest.


Whilst in UK last weekend I collected a large package of wool from The Wool Warehouse in order to make this blanket.



 Good job it is squashy so that I was able to get it in my suitcase! I love the colours. I made a start on some of the blocks while I was away.


What I realsied was that I needed a small container in which to keep my crochet hooks, stitch markers, scissors and needle while I was working on the blocks - and so to my project for FNSI!
I used the same s.o.t.a.k pattern but adapted it to make a squatter pouch to keep all my little tools in.



Another little project for Friday was to make this card using 1/2" hexies for a poorly friend.


Now, while talking about the s.o.t.a.k pattern I also want to show you this wristlet bag that I made for my Mum adapting the same pattern.


I used some Liberty furnishing fabric samples and added a pocket to the inside, leaving out the boxed corners on the base.


It's a useful, adaptable, beginner friendly pattern that I am sure I am going to use a lot.

Well I think that is enough for one day - hope everyone had a great Friday.

I am also linking up with BagIt 2017 run by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.

30 comments:

  1. You've made some useful little bags there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lin! You have been busy! Pretty crochet! I love the way the wool is being packaged these days. A friend from handicrafts was only showing us her wool last week with a bag just this like this! I love your crochet hook pouch, it’s very pretty. I really need something like this!
    It’ll have to go on the list!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pincushion and those little pouches are adorable. I love the Afghan, such pretty soft colours .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those lovely pouches and the pincushion is so sweet. Beautiful handmade card with the hexie....love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of eye candy on this post. First, I have to say that I love your new header picture. WOW!! Beautiful! Second, love that crocheted blanket. I so love your taste when you pick a project. It is a gorgeous blanket. You have quite a lot done already. Love the little bags too. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My you're a busy gal - love the bags, the pincushion, the afghan [STUNNING!]and the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects. Love the pincushion & matching bag. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely handy pouches and pincushion.
    Beautiful crochet blanket you are working on,pretty colours..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very useful and very pretty bags. Love the Afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pincushion and matching bag. The fabrics are beautiful. I admire your ability to make bags, they frustrate me too much. Your crocheted blanket is already taking shape so quickly! Don't you love the organza bags that their yarn comes in. I recognise that crochet hook...bought one myself in that size and 2 other sizes. So lovely to hold. I also like how each size is a different colour. I look forward to seeing your crochet progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag looks wonderful. Thanks for linking up to the Elm Street Quilts Bag It event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Lin your little bags are all gorgeous and I love the log cabin pin cushion, especialy the fabrics you have used. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have done heaps... I love those packs of wool from the warehouse.... and the pattern you have chosen is just lovely. gorgeous colours
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of beautiful projects in your life. That wool pack is beautiful, you have made a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What very lovely work Lin, precious pouches, bags and pincushion. Absolutely love the crochet blanket and the pretty squares you have made so far.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the log cabins :-)
    God luck with the blanket, it is going to be lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course it was supposed to be "good luck" - it is getting late ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little bags are so cute and useful. Well done.
    The squares for the afghan are wonderful. Love that colour assortment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness Lin, you certainly made a quick start with your crochet... the pattern looks beautiful, can't wait to see it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's always neat to see the various bags that you've created! They are so nice to have to tuck in a larger bag or purse. You made all of those crocheted blocks already! You must be really enjoying yourself and I love those colors that you're working with.
    Happy stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Lin, you've made such delightful and very useful bags. I love your choices of materials too, especially in the pin cushion.
    The little tag you've sew into the side is cute too - it's so nice putting your name on your creation, I liked that.
    Your card is lovely as well.
    It's really beaut catching up with you once more, hugs :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh goodness me, how could I have signed off and forgotten to say how absolutely beautiful your rug is!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous work! Love little bags and pincushions! I bought a bag of wool from Wool Warehouse a couple of years ago and it made a beautifully soft and cuddly Afghan! I’m looking forward to placing another order soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are just so prolific Lin! I've just bought a copy of Simply Sewing magazine and feel inspired to try some practical makes too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Lin....don't you just love the wool warehouse!! Even tho I live in the USA, I order all my yarns and projects there. You new crochet project is so pretty as are the other items you have shown us. Did you see the "Eastern Jewels" on the WW site? That is my next crochet project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS....thank you for your kind email you thoughtful girl! Meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've had a busy time Lin! I love the colours of wool you have chosen, and the little bags are so smart x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lin wow what beautiful projects you have made,I love your bags and wow that blanket is beautiful can't wait to watch your progress with it,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.