Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 7 October 2017

FNWF and RSC





Many thanks to Cheryll for inviting us round again for Friday Night with Friends - you can see what everyone was working on here.

I am also linking up with Angela for ScrapHappySaturday  as my first job yesterday was to finish hemming down the binding on my first completed Rainbow Scrap Challenge project! I have completed six blocks using six of Angela's suggested colours and have put them together to make this table runner.





I have to say that I am very pleased with the way it has turned out.

So then my next job was to make a start on my next RSC project. The colour for October is pink and I am going to make tumbling blocks using 1" diamonds. I managed to cut a few out ready to baste.





Not a hugely productive FNWF but then it was a beautiful afternoon and we were busy in the garden.

Many thanks to Angela and Cheryll.

29 comments:

  1. Hi Lin,wow what a lovely runner,well done and love your new header pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous table runner, Lin, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you put those friendship stars together, with the light and dark backgrounds! Very pretty, and great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your variation on the Friendship Star, and combining the new and the traditional like this is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the rainbow runner!! Have fun with those bits of PINK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty table runner. I am a big fan of English Paper Piecing and looks like that is what you enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table runner! Congratulations on a great rainbow finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table runner is beautiful, great finish. Tiny pink pieces tou have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great table runner and I love your idea for using up the pinks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always so much fun to see finished RSC projects. It turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table runner is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely table runner. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lin Oh I love your table runner it is so beautiful. X:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colurful table runner is lovely..
    Enjoy making your Tumbling blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table runner is fantastic! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lin, what a beautiful table runner, it is just gorgeous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I need a handwork project to keep me busy for a few weeks while I migrate back to Texas. Tumbling blocks might be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a glorious tablerunner! Really love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty! I love the blue/green combination. You have a nice long table to put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love the table runner! I like the colors that flow across it. I was just thinking that it would be nice to make a new runner for our dining room table and now I'm inspired!
    Happy sewing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a super table runner! Beautiful quilt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your table runner with all those beautiful colours! It’s gorgeous!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous table runner, how perfect it has turned out. Maybe I should try to make one, I only seem to have crochet table runners or Christmas applique ones.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your rainbow table runner is so bright and cheerful. It would make me smile everytime I saw it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.