Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

jeudi 16 janvier 2014

Buttons!

Back in early December I mentioned here that Cathy of potterjotter blog was giving away some of her handmade buttons.
What a surprise I had just before Christmas to hear that I had won the second set of buttons in her give away! Due to some communication problems I did not receive them until today and it was so exciting opening the heavily padded envelope.
Here is what I found.


A pretty little tissue wrapped package. The tissue has been smoothed and stashed as it is very pretty.


Inside this is what I found


These are my lovely buttons


And Cathy very kindly slipped in this gorgeous little house.

A lovely package to receive - thank you so much Cathy.

The weather has been up and down since we have been back in France but always very mild. Sunny afternoons when I have been able to sit outside and wet blustery days. 

Have been catching up with a few projects which I will tell you about soon.

Have also joined in with  Carli's crazy quilting stitch along for this year. More about that later too.

Meanwhile I hope that 2014 is treating you kindly so far.

Happy stitching

Lin

6 commentaires:

marina a dit…

very original buttons.
love the bag and wallet you made for your mum, it's beautiful!

Susan a dit…

Congratulations Lin on you little win those buttons are fab X

Sheila a dit…

Congratulations , what a great win , those buttons are so unique , really love the house button ! Have fun with your crazy patch project .

ukcitycrafter a dit…

How lovely, wonder what you're going to make with those buttons?

Judy a dit…

Oh, lucky you! I love Cathy's work, so you won something quite special. Have you plans for them yet? Best wishes on your crazy quilt projects.
Have a great weekend,
Judy

Rose a dit…

Hello Lin. Returning the visit you made to my blog. Thanks for dropping by - lovely to meet you. The ceramic buttons are fabulous; Cathy makes such beautiful things. I love my patchwork bowl. Your quilting projects look beautiful too. Looking forward to popping by now and then.