Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Thursday 16 January 2014

Buttons!

Back in early December I mentioned here that Cathy of potterjotter blog was giving away some of her handmade buttons.
What a surprise I had just before Christmas to hear that I had won the second set of buttons in her give away! Due to some communication problems I did not receive them until today and it was so exciting opening the heavily padded envelope.
Here is what I found.


A pretty little tissue wrapped package. The tissue has been smoothed and stashed as it is very pretty.


Inside this is what I found


These are my lovely buttons


And Cathy very kindly slipped in this gorgeous little house.

A lovely package to receive - thank you so much Cathy.

The weather has been up and down since we have been back in France but always very mild. Sunny afternoons when I have been able to sit outside and wet blustery days. 

Have been catching up with a few projects which I will tell you about soon.

Have also joined in with  Carli's crazy quilting stitch along for this year. More about that later too.

Meanwhile I hope that 2014 is treating you kindly so far.

Happy stitching

Lin

6 comments:

  1. very original buttons.
    love the bag and wallet you made for your mum, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lin on you little win those buttons are fab X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations , what a great win , those buttons are so unique , really love the house button ! Have fun with your crazy patch project .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, wonder what you're going to make with those buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lucky you! I love Cathy's work, so you won something quite special. Have you plans for them yet? Best wishes on your crazy quilt projects.
    Have a great weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lin. Returning the visit you made to my blog. Thanks for dropping by - lovely to meet you. The ceramic buttons are fabulous; Cathy makes such beautiful things. I love my patchwork bowl. Your quilting projects look beautiful too. Looking forward to popping by now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.