Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

mardi 25 mars 2014

More postcards.

I heard today that the postcard I sent to Annette in the Spring Postcard Swap had finally arrived - I was beginning to worry as I had sent two at the same time and the other arrived last week. So panic over.

This is the card I sent to Annette


I used a piece of procion dyed fabric and printed onto it with acrylic paint using a funky foam print block I cut a couple of years ago. Some simple running stitch around the outline emphasised the shape.

The postcard swap was organised by Sheila and as a little thank you for her organisation I sent her this tulip postcard which used the same technique as the daffodil one.



I am pleased to say that both cards were well received!

Hope you are having a good week- the weather here has returned to winter although, unlike some parts of France, we do not have any snow.

Happy stitching

Lin

9 commentaires:

Judy a dit…

What wonderful spring postcards! I'm sure that they were well received. I love postcard swaps :-)
Enjoy your gardening,
Judy

Sheila a dit…

Lovely postcard for Annette as well as the one you sent to me , you are very creative ! Thanks again for taking part .

marina a dit…

lovely postcards Lin,
little works of art!

Béa a dit…

Original & beautiful !

Paula a dit…

You are so creative Lin, what a beautiful spring postcards.

JennyPennyPoppy a dit…

Lovely postcards and thank you for explaining how you made them. I did some dyeing this past weekend using Procion dye. Very nice dye to work with.

Fiona a dit…

you are so clever and make such unique cards.... lovely...

Hugz

Anthea a dit…

Wow Lin, these are amazing postcards... I love to read about your techniques... so clever! No wonder both cards were well-received! x

Egléa Senna a dit…

Seus trabalhos são lindos! Parabéns!
Um abraço!
Ses œuvres sont belles! Félicitations!
Un câlin!