Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

jeudi 23 juin 2016

UFO update

Just a short post to update you on the progress of my latest UFO project. My Four Seasons crazy blocks have now been joined together using the velvet that I dyed olive green here. And I am really pleased with how the colour has worked with my blocks.


The first thing I did was to extend the 'forsythia' out of the spring block into the frame and also brought a climbing flower out of the summer block.


But I also wanted to do something that would unify all the blocks and so I have started to add a heavy chain stitch meandering around the frame with the intention of treating it differently as it touches each block. The first section is complete and I have given it a frosty treatment with sequins, beads and sparkly thread. 


I also added a button 'snowdrift' in the corner.


As a complete contrast to snow we have had a sudden heatwave with temperatures of over 30 for the last three days. Tomorrow they dip again with possible storms so ever changing here.

Back soon.

16 commentaires:

Rachel a dit…

Love that "frosty" treatment!

Scrap and quilts a dit…

You have such a great eye to see what works best. It is outstanding, fabulous! I love it. Will you frame it? or will it become a pillow? J'adore!!

Sheila a dit…

Incredible work Lin.

Judy a dit…

Wow. I'm always inspired when I see your lovely stitching! You're so creative in how you combine stitches and designs. What a wonderful piece!
Stay cool, it's hot here too, so thank goodness for air conditioning.

Fiona a dit…

your blocks are just lovely and show the different seasons well... so much detail in there
Hugz

Ruth K. a dit…

Love your four seasons quilt there is so much to see on it. You do beautiful work. I did enlarge the picture too, so I could see all the beautiful details.

ukcitycrafter a dit…

This is such an imaginative project Lin, love the idea of your vine unifying the blocks and yet differentiating them at the same time.

Mary Ann a dit…

It's lovely Lin. I like the idea of extending the stitching out into the frame:)

Your weather sounds like ours. It was 30C yesterday but as the weatherman said it felt like 39C. It's okay if there is a breeze but not when it dead calm. The evenings are still cool so not so bad.

Carol- Beads and Birds a dit…

It's beautiful Lin. Extending the flower vines into the frame is perfect. We have crazy temp swings this year in Northern Indiana USA. I think the whole world is experiencing it this year.

Paula a dit…

How exciting to see your crazy blocks being joined together, I love them all. The velvet that you dyed looks perfect and it is so beautiful how you extend the flower vines into the frame. You are so creative.

Rosa a dit…

Lin, it´s fabulous.How many blocks have your sampler?Can´t wait to see it finished.

Wishing you an amazing weekend.

Radka a dit…

It's lovely, Lin :-)
xx

Susan a dit…

Hi Lin, your crazy work is just stunning. I love all the little details. x:)

desertskyquilts a dit…

That is unbelievably beautiful. I thank you for the close-ups. It really makes it possible to see some of the beauty. I, too, like the green velvet!

Sheryl S. a dit…

Beautiful stitching Lin and I like your colour combinations, so very pretty bright colours against the plainer background, ideal.

Heather a dit…

I love this project. It is beautiful. The chain around the entire block is a good idea.