Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 September 2017

FNSI


Third Friday in September already - my this year is flashing past! Many thanks to Wendy for inviting us to join in - you can catch up with what everyone was working on here

Sadly short on pictures for this post as I was working on 'secret stitching'! However I was extremely pleased with what I made and you will just have to take my word for it. I will include pictures on next months post.

I had just enough time at the end of the evening though to add the initial to this crazy block which is now ready to be embellished. This is also secret stitching but as the recipient does not read my blog, I think, I am safe.


I am going to have to reposition the heart - it is annoying me that I have not got the D quite straight!

I also finished a little pincushion this week - it's missed this years PPPP but will be top of my list for next year. I saw a gorgeous little log cabin pincushion on Chookyblues blog here and knew that I needed one! Here is my version - a little larger I think but I love it.



So that's it from me for today - we are off to the seaside next week for a few days, just hope the weather picks up, it's not been good here. Have a great weekend.

16 comments:

  1. have a lovely time - to me there is no better place than the seaside...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin,your crazy block is looking great and i so love your new pincushion,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such gorgeous stitching! I look forward to seeing what you are secretly stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh secret stitching.....intriguing! Love crazy patch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your log cabin pincushion. Your pincushions all look great in your header too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet loggie pincushion! Best of luck on the secret sewing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip to the seaside!
    That's a very sweet pincushion - charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pincushion! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is that time of year for secrets!! I love your new pincushion. Very sweet. Have a good vacation and I hope your weather is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your tiny log cabin, great idea for a pin cushion.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pincushion , have fun at the seaside , hope you have great weather 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your stitching project and it will be a lovely gift for someone. What did you fill your pincushion with, if you don't mind me asking, as it has such a great shape?
    Enjoy your time at the seaside, I hope that the weather is grand for you.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the crazy block....makes me remember my UFO crazy quilt I started several years ago. The log cabin pin cushion is lovely. I have a drawer full oh selvages I'll bet would work with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the crazy block....makes me remember my UFO crazy quilt I started several years ago. The log cabin pin cushion is lovely. I have a drawer full oh selvages I'll bet would work with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours for your crazy quilting.
    What a gorgeous pincushion! And, as Judy said, what did you fill it with ..... it has such great shape. Well done you!
    Hope you had a great time at the seaside. The weather here has been amazing this week, hope you had similar weather!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful sewing - I love to see your work :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.