Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 1 April 2019

April!!!

After a couple of weeks of beautiful sunny weather we have woken up this morning to cloudy skies! Well, good things cant last forever and we could now do with the rain that is forecast for later in the week.

These beautiful fabrics were gifted to me a couple of years ago and they have been waiting in the cupboard for the right project to come along.


I decided last week that I needed some storage in the bedroom for my current book selection and these fabrics came to mind. So I whipped up a quick basket and am so pleased with how it has turned out.


I quilted the outer fabric to some Soft and Stable which has made it lovely and firm, then added the loose lining. It has a 7" base and stands 9" high so is a good size - it may get some baby sisters!

 
++++
 
Easter is just around the corner so I thought that it was high time that I finished off the Easter hanging that I started after last Easter! So out came my completed embroidery.
 


Looking at my design with fresh eyes I realised that the tulips looked very stark! So my first job was to add a few leaves.


Next to chose some border fabrics. I wanted to use the gorgeous blue floral fabric that I had lined my basket with as the outer border but what to use next to my embroidery? Having auditioned various fabrics in my stash I suddenly spotted these rolls of batiks and there was the perfect fabric.




So the borders are cut and ready to machine on when I have trimmed the embroidery.

+++++

I have completed another round on my 1797 revisited piece


and basting of the pieces for the next round is under way.

Well I think that is enough for now - I shall be back soon with my RSC project for 2019.

20 comments:

  1. Your spring projects look like they are fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. I love that book basket. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin, your bedroom book basket is such a great idea and looks so pretty. It happily holds your books for you. Your Easter embroidery is so cute. I think adding the leaves was a good idea. I’m so happy that Spring is about to come into my life by the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so clever to make a fabric basket like that. And I love the embroidery piece...so pretty and springish too. Thanks for sharing inspiring projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea and your book basket looks wonderful. Your Easter embroidery is so sweet! Where is this year running away to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS your 1797 is coming along nicely....need to show mine some love also x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that basket and I see you are reading a Minette Walters book. I am reading her current one. I love how we put fabrics away until the perfect project arises. It always feels good when we have that aha moment and forage through our stash. Your Easter emroidery is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty combo of fabrics for your book basket Lin, great work!
    Your 1797 is coming along beautifully, lovely colours there x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely stitching.... I do like the idea of the little basket for your books... looks so lovely as well as practical. What a difference adding the leaves made to the embroidery....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those fabrics are pretty and go perfectly together. Fabulous basket; yes you will have to stitch a few more. The tulips embroidery is lovely; perfect for Spring, and how pretty the batiks look teamed with it. Your hexies are coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your embroidery - and you are right it looks even better with the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your baskets; I am always admiring these fabric baskets, but just don't have the patience to make any!
    It will be nice to have your pretty Easter embroidery finished for this Easter :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lin wow i love the fabrics that you have used for your bag and your stitchery is very cute i love it,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great basket, Lin!
    I’ve just been looking at Soft and Stable .... this looks just what I need for a project that has been waiting for me to find something supportive suitable! You might have just pushed me into finishing it! Thank you!
    Your embroidery is lovely! Can’t wait to see how you finish it!
    1797 is looking great too!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous basket - and lovely embroidery! Yes the leaves do add the right touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful embroidery! I love the colors, the tulips, the bunny! That's a great basket you made and your EPP is coming right along and looking wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new book holder.....baby sisters for it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea of a basket for your books. The fabrics look lovely together

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your Easter embroidery.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.