Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 February 2020

FNSI for February

Good to be back with Wendy and friends for a cyber Friday get together. Thank you Wendy.

I picked up a cold earlier in the week but fortunately on Friday I was feeling much better and was able to get my crochet hook moving again! I started Friday with my sampler blanket looking like this


and managed three rounds of the border - well I did do the last side on the third round this morning! One round of green crossed treble and two rounds of black trebles.


Next up I think a few rounds of pink shells would be nice. It is reasonably square considering that I have not blocked anything - a miracle I think!

Since my last post we visited the guns at Mazarron. This site was built in the early 1900's overlooking the Bay of Cartagena to protect the military arsenal at Cartagena. 7km of windy track takes you up to the site and the views are spectacular. It was a bit misty so my pictures are not as good as I would have liked.



In the first emplacement there are two huge guns - you can just see one peeping over the rocks in the picture above.



About a km further along the point there were four more guns - there are only three there now as one was moved to Almeria. These are not so big but still large.


Well worth the visit for the amazing views.

Another amazing view was of the murmerating starlings near to where we are staying - I am particularly pleased with this picture.



23 comments:

  1. Oh my - love that crochet - glad you are feeling better.

    That picture of the starlings is stunning - I doubt we would ever see something like that in Australia...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, your sampler blanket is truly beautiful! It is going to be amazing when you have finished it. My goodness, the photo of the murmerating starlings is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin, your crochet blanket is coming along beautifully! I have not crocheted in years. Preferring to quilt these days.
    Your photo capture of the starlings is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crochet blanket. So many different stitches and 3D flowers to give it lots beautiful textures. It's a real eye candy. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your trip. Amazing scenery. Love the starling's picture. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sampler blanket is amazing.

    Thanks for sharing the photos of Spain, the startling photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous afghan!! Love how colorful it is. The picture of the starlings is incredible - I LOVE to watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those starlings are stunning, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fabulous photo of the starlings murmerating (great word, too) and your crochet blanket is really lovely, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sampler crocheted blanket is beautiful..
    Great photo of the Starlings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your crochet sampler has worked out... looks really good. lovely place to visit, interesting and I love the mumeration…. they always fascinate me and easy to watch and watch...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lin,

    There is so much work in the crochet blanket. It always amazes me how people got huge big things in places without the machinery we have now. That last photo is o interesting, we have white cockies swarming in flocks at the moment. They come each year into town to get water and eat everyone's trees.

    Good luck with the last few rounds of your blanket.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your rug. It's gorgeous. Cool photo of the starlings. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your afghan has grown so well - it is gorgeous - using the black was a great idea. It sounds like you are having an interesting time looking around. The starling photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photo of the Starlings! I do love your crochet....it is beautiful and the black just makes it pop! Loved your sightseeing pics x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your starling picture is amazing - right place at the right time :-)
    Nice to have another project nearly finished; I must admit black is not my colour, but it does work here, quite dramatic :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos Lin! The starlings are really amazing! And it’s nice to see all the scenery!
    Your blanket is looking stunning! I’ve worked a black crochet blanket once and although it looks fantastic I have to say black is such a difficult colour to work with! Well done, it’s almost there now!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The crochet looks amazing! The colours look so striking against the black. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blanket is amazing. Bet it takes a bit of a while to make it around it now! Love your Spain pictures. Have you heard of and/or visited Ibiza, Spain? There was a trip given away there this morning on a game show. Lol. Apparently I live a rather boring life! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad that you're feeling better! Your crocheting is looking fantastic-so much detail goes into it. I love the soft colors against the dark. Thanks again for sharing the photos of the places that you visit. It's neat to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your crochet rug has come along so much, it's beautiful. Very striking with the black against those gorgeous colours.
    LOVE the photo of the starlings. Not seen anything like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this crochet blanket and the gorgeous colours you have used. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Starling pictures were astounding, Lin!! What a sight it is. For a moment, I thought this is a painting. Thank you, Lin!!. I loved the overall design of your blanket. It is a remarkable piece of work and creativity. All the best, Lin. Keep inspiring us with your photo blogs and quilting works.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Lin, your crochet blanket is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your travel pictures with us. The last pictures look amazing. The abstract pattern and colors used are striking. Keep posting and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.