Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Red Manor House

And yes, it's a flimsy!

What started out as this collection of fabrics


became this


then this



and this



this



and this



and finally this!




The only extra fabric I needed to buy was the red for the outer sashing.

So pleased with how this has turned out.

This was a BOM from The Quilters Guild and was based on this coverlet


dating from 1840 - 1860 and in their collection. It has been a great project to work on and I have loved the variety of motifs and techniques. I shall definitely be making some more of those butterflies!

Now all I need is some cooler weather so that I can get it layered up and ready to quilt over the winter. It is a big quilt - 80" x 80" and is going to keep my legs nice and warm over the winter months as I work on the hand quilting.

20 comments:

  1. Well done Lin, it is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Lin! Well worth celebrating and there is more joy to be had with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that the 4th picture made me doubt it. It lost its appeal in my mind but by the last border, which ties everything together so beautifully, I fell in love again. Stunning, really. Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow LIn! It is so beautiful! I would have enjoyed this bom as I like doing "add a border" quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin I love Manor house and your own take on it. Red and Purple are favorite colors of mine and the red for this is just perfect. I love the story you took us through in the making of Manor house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I like seeing the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is just lovely, I hadnt realise how big it is.... will be a wonderful one to snuggle under hand quilting over winter...
    Beautifully done.. congrats...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lin this is stunning ,well done my friend on your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A most beautiful flimsy, Lin, overspilling with gorgeous fabrics and sweet appliques. I have loved seeing this beautiful pretty of yours grow over these last months. Such a lovely way to spend your winter months quilting and adding glorious texture to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I can imagine how pleased you are with it, it is BEAUTIFUL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful quilt top and you make is look so easy, you must be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, well done - but indeed, now is not the time for wrestling with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pop pop pop pop..... I think it looks great then pop another border goes on and it looks even better ..... So pretty this quilt....love seeing all the pics in a row of the progress....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely. A great size too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You left a comment on my blog so I popped over to see yours. I have come across a few blogs where they are making the Red Manor design also. I have never been able to figure out if the pattern is available for sale to the general public or just through a guild. You are doing very well with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely seeing how the quilt came together. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is an amazing quilt. So complicated. I admire your effort in making this. Now this will definitely be a family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt Lin. It's been lovely watching it grow. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your quilt, Lin. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.