Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 16 January 2021

Friday Night Sew In, 2021 style!

 


Many thanks to Wendy for organising our Friday evening again and for setting up the facebook page - great idea. Pop over to Wendy's blog here to see who else was taking part.

I started after lunch by pulling out some of my hand dyed fabrics as I fancy making a crazy pincushion. As always, it takes far more time deciding which fabrics to use than it does to make the block! Anyway, after a couple of hours I had this little 3.5" block pieced and framed ready for embellishment.


In the evening it was nice to sit by the fire with my Red Manor House on my knees! I am still quilting around the Irish chain border but thankfully the end is in sight - just one more move of the frame will do it.


Somewhere around halfway round this border I wished I had diagonally quilted the squares but by then too late! Anyway, it will be nice to move onto that narrow blue border. But first, my 'reward' for completeing the Irish chain will be to embellish my crazy pincushion!

Another frosty morning here.


And a very pretty sunrise which this picture does not do justice to!


Have a great week.

20 comments:

  1. Have fun with your quilt - it will be great. Great fabrics, beautiful lace, wonderful colors ... I'm curious.
    Thanks for the beautiful sunrise :-) We are now - 2 degrees and the snow falls easily and loosely from the sky. The bushes in the garden look wonderful and the trees in the forest are a dream.
    Have a happy weekend.
    Many greetings Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera never really captures the true beauty of a sunrise....but we can but try. Red Manor House is a beauty and your crazy pincushion is going to be pretty. It certainly looks chilly there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! The Red Manor quilt is already stunning, I can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your embellishing stitches will make the pincushion patchwork shine. I like that the quilting through the Irish chain contrasts with the center diagonal quilting. Love your scenery photo of the frosty morning. I find that a sunrise is hard to capture the true vibrant colors. I’ve tried so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your crazy patch piece. It will be a beautiful pincushion. Lovely photo's of the frosty morning. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crazy piece looks great. Good to hear you are going well with the quilting. Beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to watching your crazy patch grow... I like how you have done the squares as it stops the eyes after the cross hatching in the middle and you notice the squares... not sure that makes sense but it is looking wonderful
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red manor house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It always amazes me how long it take take to select the perfect fabric combination for a project! Your hand quilting is lovely, a gorgeous quilt, - I think a change in design helps to make certain areas stand out....enjoy your reward when you've finished that border :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Red Manor House quilt, it is adorable, wonderful, so pretty, and the little crazy pin cushion project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your Red Manor quilt and the hand quilting will really enhance it. Love Crazy Patch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely crazy patch you are working on....
    Your hand quilting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to seeing how you embellish the little block!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy. The Red Manor quilt is looking wonderful , looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely choices for your pincushion Lin. Manor House is looking beautiful. Beautiful views too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meu glorioso São José nos abençoe o nosso Brasil são tem piedade dos dessempregado e todos os moradores de rua Amèm

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your crazy quilt block. I'm definitely going to have to try making a crazy quilt after I'm finished with my current project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Red Manor quilt looks great, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the projects you are working on... and the pincushion just turned out beautifully in your next post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do love red manor so good to see the quilting getting closer to finished for you.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.