Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 20 March 2021

FNSI MArch

 I have been a busy bee recently basting the coffin hexies for my Wings and Pretty Things borders. I have basted more than I need for the moment but I felt it was good to have some done ready for the outer border, when I get there. Anyway, here they are


and here are the ones for the first border, all sewn together.


So my Friday task was to cut the background fabric and start appliqueing! And this is where I was by he end of Friday.


Not quite finished but almost!

Many thanks to Wendy for getting us together again - you can see who else took part here. I have a bit of reading to do I can see!

This lovely postcard arrived in my postbox recently


It was from Annie as a bloghop prize. If you don't know Annie then do pop over to her blog, she makes some lovely things. It is some time since a post card came my way and it has enthused me to make some myself!

Spring is well under way here although it is decidedly nippy here this weekend with a cold north wind blowing. But the sun is shining and there is not a cloud in sight!

Have a great week


19 comments:

  1. So many beautiful fabrics in that pile of hexies what a lovely way to end your Friday stitching down those lovely coffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Lin, coffins sound like such a depressing description for those quite lovely fabric pieces. The ghouls might not like coffins taking on a new reputation of “pretty”. But those fabrics sure are pretty. What a fantastic border they will be. I’m so glad your postcard arrived with such care, looking as nice as when I mailed it. Thank you so much for your generously kind words and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of hexies here :-) in such pretty fabrics.
    Little colder here too, but this week at least mostly dry.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as the sun is shining. =) Your coffin hexies look fabulous, Lin, and the postcard Annie sent to you is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty fabrics in your coffins! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the prettiest postcard ever! I'm in love! You have made sooooo many hexies! Wow! Kudos to you for starting on the outer border while you were at it. Lovely fabrics. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors and fabrics Lin. You made a lot of progress, very productive FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your hexies. They look beautiful together. Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty fabrics for your hexie border ....
    Nice postcard you received in the post...

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do say March "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb". Maybe we can hope for lamblike weather next week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love those fabrics and well done with all the elongated hexagons... I have to admit I groaned my way through them....
    Lovely postcard... such fun getting prizes..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a successful night & I love those hexies. It will be a very pretty finish once added. NiCe postcard too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on the coffin hexies, not heard that term before - a bit chilling for such pretty fabric - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is going to be beautiful Lin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely border fabrics, you have been busy preparing so many coffin hexies. Gorgeous postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the EPP is going to make such a pretty border......

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely surprise! The postcard was a real spirit-booster! Hope you've made even more progress on those borders. Very pretty, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a lot of hexies. The fabrics you are using look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are going super well with your coffins and applique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.