Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 5 February 2022

Friday Night with Friends

 Good to be joining in with Cheryll and friends again for a Friday sew in. Thank you Cheryll.

It was a beautiful sunny morning so we took a drive to the coast - one bonus of living in Somerset is that the sea is only a 30 minute drive away. It was blustery and cold but lovely to see the sea.


We could see the Welsh coast on the horizon clearly but sadly the camera hasn't picked it up.



We spent the afternoon unpacking and hanging pictures but I did find time to watch the first of three videos from Design Matters TV on painting birds with watercolour pencils. I am looking forward to making a start on this just as soon as I find my pencils!

Not much to show from the evening although I did finish turning the heel on this Winwick Mum easy lace sock. So far it is looking like one of my better heel turns although at this point not easy to photograph!


Spent the rest of the evening watching TV but it was good to be working along with everyone for at least part of the day.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, that sock and the yarn are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? Have you moved house??
    Your sock does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a gorgeous colour yarn you are knitting the sock in Lin. I hope the unpacking goes well for you. The sea looks so wonderful - I love it when its deserted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics of the shore...& the yarn is gorgeous. Love the colour...
    Thanks for stopping in for FNwF...xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely coast line.... and beautiful sock growing there...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to see and feel the sea breeze. Your sock looks great and thank you for sharing the designer's website. I think I'm going to try her Easy Mosaic Socks. I've been wanting to try mosaic knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking sock and wool, hope the unpacking goes well. Nothing better than a trip to the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy that you have finally landed in your new home. The ocean iscalways a treat whatever the weather. Your knitting is beautiful and a gorgeous colour. Have fun with your pencils when you unpack them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy life in Somerset. A good base for craft, I should think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's only one thing nicer than viewing the sea and that is gong for a nice dip...
    I like the blue you are using for your knitted sock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very frustrating when a photo doesn't show what was there, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's the problem with moving house, the one thing that is needed cannot be found. The beach at Somerset does look like an idyllic spot. It will be a lovely place to visit in the summertime. Pretty blue yarn you are using for those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky :-) thirty minutes to the sea. Beautiful photos. Many Thanks.
    Nice socks you knit. I haven't knitted one for a long time. Last time it was sweaters and hats... but now the sewing machine is more ready.
    Happy Sunday greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh the sock is looking lovely!! I'll have to check out the pattern ...... is it on Ravelry? Are you on Ravelry??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sock is looking fabulous! 😀 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so relaxing to sit and work with yarn or any hand work while watching a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, that's a big move you have made - I hope your unpacking goes well and you find somewhere to put all your things - plus all your craft materials made the journey ok! I love the blue you are using for your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely views Lin.
    Your sock looks lovely!
    You might have seen my attempt at Winwick Mum's teeny sock, on Instagram, I still haven't finished though, might have been something to do with not having knitted any socks recently I couldn't knit the heel. One day I'll manage it!
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pics. Your sock looks good...I have never been game to try knotting socks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely day out; little further from here to the coast; can't wait for spring to do some days out again. I forgot FNwF again, must do better ..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely sock pattern and gorgeous colour blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.