Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 18 June 2022

Friday Night Sew In and dashing along

 FNSI has come round again! Many thanks to Wendy for organising us and you can see who took part here .


I have joined in with Chooky's Churn Dash SAL which I am calling a Churndashalong! I had no intention of joining in as I do not want to start another quilt, but when I realised I could make anything using Churn Dash blocks then the idea of a wall hanging was born. I have plenty of the pretty fabrics that I am using for my Wings and Pretty Things so I thought that I would use those . I am also hand pieceing as there is no room in this house for my machine to be out permanently. Besides, I do love hand pieceing. It was how I learnt to make patchwork blocks all those years ago before rulers and cutting boards had made it to the UK and I resisted joining in with the fast machine piecing for many years.

Anyway, back to my Churn Dash blocks which I pieced for FNSI on a hot (for UK) afternoon and evening.


They are 4.5" finished. I will need 4 for my wall hanging, one of these and three more in different fabric combinations. The other one I will use as the centre of a larger Churn Dash block, then probably a third to make a small table centre/cloth. I enjoyed putting these together and am looking forward to next month when I shall make another block.

I also found time to cut out the applique pieces for my last Wings and Pretty Things applique block - here are two that I finished this week.



Have a good weekend everyone.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely Churn Dash blocks. That collection of fabrics is so peaceful that it will make a soft wallhanging. Love the little birdie. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your mini churndashes.... and the Wings blocks are lovely... you already know I love the colours you are using...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your churndash projects sound interesting. Your wings and pretty things blocks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabrics in your C/D blocks and that is the sweetest little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful churn dash blocks. Well, they had to be since they were made from scraps from your beautiful Wings & Pretty Things blocks! Sounds like quite a successful FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how those "I'm not doing that " projects win us over.....sweet churn dash blocks. Another 2 lovely Wings blocks too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I would want to be sitting at a machine in the current weather. Much better to be doing handwork, which doesn't go wrong quite so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Churn Dash blocks, we all get sucked in don't we!! Lovely blocks for Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your applique blocks are pretty. I like how you used the floral fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These fabrics are always pretty to look at. One always has to start another quilt; big or small. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks look lovely. I was nearly tempted but decided to finish my UFOs instead. Your appliqued blocks are looking lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they are pretty blocks Lin....and yes you can make whatever you want with the Churn Dash blocks......and the wings and things I cannot wait to see that coming together...........they blocks are always so soft.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty churn dash blocks...never thought to use a floral but they are quite nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, I love the fabric you selected for your churn dash blocks, it's so soft and pretty!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.