Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 17 December 2022

FNSI December

 The end of another year of Friday Night Sew In's - already! This year has gone by so quickly. Many thanks to Wendy for hosting all year and organising lovely gifts for participants.

You can see who took part this month here along with some great small gift ideas which will come in handy for next year.

We were out to lunch and then stopped off for some shopping on the way home so I didn't get to sew until the evening.

First up I 'finished' quilting this block on my Red Manor House quilt, and didn't spot that I hadn't actually finished until this afternoon, when I took the steam to it to clear away my line markings! Oh well, something for this evening.


I got RMH out at the beginning of November (it keeps my legs warm in the evenings) and have been quilting these blocks. There are quite a few done now.

It's a while since this last saw the light of day at the end of Feb 2021 - last winter it got used fairly early on as packing and arrived here in UK before me.

This was how I left it and I have probably done 2 more quarters like this.


Anyway, back to last night and I picked up a new Field Journal block but had only done a few stitches when I remembered that I had intended to work on my idea for next years RSC.

When I went to the exhibition at Cowslip Workshops in the summer I saw this quilt and fell in love with the little hearts.





My plan is to make two or three of these each month and applique them to blocks. Here was my test heart which I think is probably a bit on the small side at 3.5" x 3.5"


I might try the next size up next as these won't make a great dent in my stash!

In other news I have completed four Field Journal blocks this week - here they are.


And we have had some frosty mornings over the last week so I have been experimenting with the macro on my new camera.





We have had a couple of jolly cold weeks here but are now promised much milder but wet weather for the next week. Oh well, spring is round the corner! Have a great week.

12 comments:

  1. Your new heart project looks very interesting. Brrr, frosty windows. I don't miss those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten how pretty the frost patterns on windows can be. Is that a dragon I see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful projects there you are working on Lin. I love that heart quilt & your block is so sweet. The frost photos look like icicles. They would be wonderful made into cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those frosty pics are awesome! Love your quilting. Lol, I have found a couple of appliques incomplete upon a 2nd glance before piecing them together. It pays to check a few times. I love your FJ hexies. They are so pretty. I have never seen those cute hearts before and yours looks great. I look forward to seeing your hearts progress. Our summer has not yet arrived! I still have heating on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart block is really unique and I had to chuckle at the missing quilting lines. Sounds like something I would do!! Pretty frosty photos. We're going to be downright frigid here in a few days. Ugh! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely pictures here, where do I start? Red Manor is coming along so beautifully. I LOVE that heart quilt. It is so you. Looking forward to seeing this one grow. You took wonderful pictures of the frost. So interesting. Wouldn't it be cool if we could quilt like that? Enjoy the stay-indoor-and-sew weather. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are busy with the sewing..... it looks like you are being a Dory and getting distracted by different pretty things you are picking up!! haha... love the ice pictures... nature is amazing isn't it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red Manor is looking great and your little hearts looks lovely.
    Fabulous icicle pics...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been bitter here, too. One disadvantage of the sort of embroidery I do is not having a half-finished quilt keeping me warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little heart, with the open center. I don't think I've seen that before. I can see why you just had to make it. Stay cozy under your quilt project! And Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have beautiful projects under the needle Lin, love the frost photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lin, my heart skipped a beat looking at your Red Manor House quilt progress - simply gorgeous! And the hearts - they are so unique, very pretty indeed.
    New camera - good on you, the photos are incredible. Hubby bought my camera for my birthday ten years ago, and now he wants to get me a new one for this coming birthday. Rather excited. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.