Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 22 April 2017

FNSI and some beautiful post


Yesterday was our monthly get together with Wendy for some sewing fun - you can see what everyone was doing here.
I spent my evening working on the next section of embroidery on my Scheepjes CAL shawl. Lots more colour to add but the basics are there.



But the postman calling was the best bit of my day yesterday when he brought me this package.


It is a couple of years since I have taken part in a swap - I was badly bitten last time so have been steering clear. But one of the Facebook groups that I belong to arranged a needle book swap and I thought that I would dip my toe in the water again. And I am so glad that I did as just look at what was in my parcel!


Isn't it gorgeous!
Just look at the detail in the embroidery.


The embroidered panel is aprox 3" square. And inside were these gorgeous flower head pins.


Owl is feeling very special with his own coordinated pins.

Oh yes and there are four little pockets inside for stashing needles and stuff.


Unfortunately my swap partner Carol does not have a blog but I am very pleased to have met up with her through Facebook and thank her very much for my beautiful needle book.

This is what I sent to Carol.


I based it on an old one that I have in my collection.


Well that is all for today, I am off to enjoy the sunshine - we have not seen a cloud for days! Have a great weekend - I shall be back next week with a blogaversary.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous needle books, Lin, both sent and received!
    Is that gold needlelace around the central panel, do you think?
    Lovely stitching from you both!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word those needlebooks - so so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is going to be beautiful. I love both the needlecases....gorgeous! Little owl does look very pleased with those pretty pins xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'm so glad that your swap was a success Lin... both needle books are just stunning... a happy success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The needlecase is spectacular! I am so happy that you have had your faith in swaps restored! The one you sent is lovely too. And the shawl is coming along - and looking so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming lovely case and so thoughtful down to the pretty flower pins! Lucky you. I am loving how your shawl is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What things to treasure - by both of you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lin your shawl will be beautiful and love the needlecases,i did think about joining that swap but i had a few other projects that needed finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous needlebooks - both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shawl is looking great, and both sewing books look lovely. Glad you had a good FNSI x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.